FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5152 Discussions

Quartus crashes after back annotation pins

AKuma59
Beginner

​I am using MaxV device with one pair of LVDS_E_3R. I can compile the design when I don't give any pin location assignment. However after the compile I do  back annotation for pin and then when I hit compile, Quartus crashes during fitter run.

Error:

Internal Error: Sub-system: FYGR, File: /quartus/fitter/fygr/fygr_cdr_op_place.cpp, Line: 1882gid != DEV_ILLEGAL_GLOBAL_IDFitter pre-processing

Stack Trace:

I think the issue is with Pin Assignment. Attached is the QAR. It is a simple MUX.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Hello ,

Apologize for delay in response .

I get a chance to look at your design, but attached file not have any LVDS related IP is added. Can you please confirm the qar file attached ?

Also did you check pin out files what you mapped is correct ? Here is the link for your reference

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

SreekumarR_G_Intel

sorry missed to attached the line ,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/literature/lit-dp.html

Also here is the link for application notes LVDS_E_3R in MAX V

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an636.pdf

Thank you ,

regards,

Sree

AKuma59
Beginner

Hi! Sree,

The QAR is just a MUX structure. There in no LVDS related IP. I am trying to do a pin placement. The output of the MUX will drive the LVDS receiver chip connected to the CPLD. So two pins on bank 2 of the MAX V CPLD is set to LVDS_E_3R.

If I use Qii11.1 sp2, I don't see any compile error and the same QAR works just fine. But when I try to compile it with Qii18.1 prime (std or lite) , I get the Quartus crash.

SreekumarR_G_Intel

i am not sure ...can you try to open the quartus with "Run as Administrator" , BY the way can I know the ram size of your machine ? also Can you uninstall and reinstall the quartus ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Sree