FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5238 Discussions

Reason for low Capacitor count in PDN tool

KBhag3
Novice

Hi,

I am using the the PDN tool for decoupling capacitors calculation for MAX10 device. I have followed the instructions as per the PDN tool user guide. I am surprised with the very low capacitor count for my design. Can I know if all the inputs provided are OK or any reason for low capacitor count?

Capacitor count will slightly increase if I set Feff to 130MHz as mentioned in the introduction sheet.

Best regards,

Bhagavath

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumara,

After seeing through your PDN sheet, it seems like the power is a little bit abnormal. May i know where do you get the value? Do you get it from our EPE?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/operation-and-testing...

Thank You.

KBhag3
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply & sorry for my delayed response. I was away from office last 3 days.

I did use EPE but I have put power consumption on much higher side as I still don't have the details about FPGA internal resource usage. Can I know which section of the power looks abnormal?

Best regards,

Kumara Bhagavath

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumara,

It would be better if you could put the power value as per the EPE. It will generate an accurate result.

Thank You.