FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5979 Discussions

Remote System Update for Cyclone 10 LP with UART IP core and NIOS2 softcore

Joda
Novice

Hi fellows,

I want to reconfigure the Cyclone 10 LP evaluation board by utilizing the Remote System Update (RSU) IP core. The programming file is arranged according to the picture below.

Joda_0-1666610592522.png

I am able to trigger the reconfiguration with the NIOS2 softcore.

Now the next step is to transfer the app1.sof via UART, store it to the flash and trigger the reconfiguration. Writing to the flash works.

However, something does not work. There are slight differences in the .rpd file written by the UART+Flash combination compared to direct flashing with the Quartus Prime programmer.

I am considering the endianess according to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/17.0/reference/glossary/def_rpd.htm

Is there something what I am missing?

In Intel® Cyclone® 10 LP Core Fabric and General Purpose I/Os Handbook the raw binary format (.rbf) is used.

Which format is the way to go?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

The .rpd contains the FPGA configurations files to be program to the board. The configurations files can be in .rbf/.sof.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel
0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any additional questions?

0 Kudos
Joda
Novice

Thank you. It works for now ith .rpd files. Are .rbf files also working for such purposes?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

The .rpd contains the FPGA configurations files to be program to the board. The configurations files can be in .rbf/.sof.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Any further help needed from your side?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I hope that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.