FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5159 Discussions

Stratix II GX limited sof file is not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am doing a project that uses Stratix II GX, currently, I can use the pof file from the example to run the hardware. 

The pof is loaded to the EPM570 device, I used windriver to test the hardware, everything is ok, pc can detect the device, and do read and write. 

However, when I try to download the limited time sof file into the FPGA, I think PC is not detecting the hardware. 

The live led is not flashing, which means the clk coming out of PCIE block is not initialed at all. 

but it's a ref design, not my own, it's from the pcie compiler 2.1 package. 

it passes tcl script check, timing check and modelsim simulation. 

Did I do something wrong? 

I had played various version of PCIE ref desgin, like PCIE-DMA, PCIE-DDR, they all have same problem, no working on PC. 

just wondering what I did wrong, did I download to the wrong device? is there any special requirement on using the limited sof file?? 

Hope anyone can help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you upload a time limited .sof file, Quartus will then open a window saying that it is running in evaluation mode. Do you close this window? If yes, the design in the FPGA will stop working.