Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The Arria II GX FPGA development Kit failed to configure FPGA at power up and JTAG

Hi, 

I've been using the Arria II GX FPGA development board for over 6 month without any problem but encountered a problem yesterday. When I power up the board, the Load LED illuminates, but shortly it goes out. Then the Error red LED illuminates. When I try to do the auto-detect in the programmer, the FPGA is shown as UNKNOWN device in both methods of using embedded USB blaster and external USB Blaster cable. I also tried both with and without the MAX II CPLD EPM2210 System Controller in the JTAG chain and got the same problem. 

I tried to add file .sof to program the FPGA anyway but got the following error msg: 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Tue Jan 21 17:22:44 2014 

Error (209015): Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x025040DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0x025FC0DD. 

Error (209012): Operation failed 

Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Tue Jan 21 17:22:44 2014 

I am in the middle of testing my design and desperately need help to find solutions for this problem !!! We paid over USD$3000 for this kit but could not find way to get support from Altera.  

Many man thanks, 

Scott 

0 Kudos
0 Replies