FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5966 Discussions

The question about arria10-netlength

gongmh
Beginner

hello,

I downloaded this table(10AS032EF29_netlength.xlsx) from the official website, but there are two columns in it: Total Length (mm) and Total Delay (ps). Which data should I take as the criterion? What value should I set in the PIN DELAY of the PCB?

1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You may use Total delay(ps) as your pin delay setting.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
gongmh
Beginner

Hello, Farabi

Thank you very much for your answer.

I still have questions:

why is the the ratio of  "total length(mm) "and "Total delay(ps) "  different?It's supposed to be a fixed ratio。

or what is the difference of the "total length(mm) "and "Total delay(ps) "?

Best Wishes.2.jpg

0 Kudos
gongmh
Beginner

Hello,

Can anyone answer that? thanks a lot.

best wishes.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

May I know why you think it supposed to be a fix ratio?

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
gongmh
Beginner

Hello, 

first, I think the ratio of length to time represents the rate, it's a constant value.

second,The purpose of equilength is isochronous. The length should equal the length of the delay.(1mm=39.72mil , in FR4 PCB, 1ps≈6mil )

If they're not equal, it's a proportional relationship. I don't know if I understand this right?

Regards,

gongmh

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Okay, thank you for feedback.

I am consulting the internal team to get the confirmation on this matter. I will come back to you with the answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you share the whole part number of the Arria 10 device that you used?

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I got some input from the internal team on this question.

This design has been routed in strip line and microstrip line routing. These two have a difference speed between them. The speed in the microstrip line is faster compared to the strip line. Thats why the ratio is not fix.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
gongmh
Beginner

hello ,

Do you mean that there are microstrip lines and strip lines inside the FPGA? So the two values are different?

My understanding is that the delay should be the same in FPGA inside, Because the routing is already established.

best wishes,

gongmh

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
gongmh
Beginner

hello,

thanks for you help.Is there anyone who can answer my question?

0 Kudos