FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6030 Discussions

The target hardware identity couldn't be verified.

Balerion
Novice

Hi,

I have been trying to debug a simple hello world app in Agilex-7 SoC Dev-Kit. However, I'm not able to connect the board, download the helloWorld.axf file and debug it. I attached the error that IDE gives me to this post. It says "The target hardware identity couldn't be verified. Please check that the target being connected to is of type Agilex-7 SoC". Could you please help me about that?

Best regards,

Balerion

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gokulraj
Beginner

Hi Balerion,

Do you found any solution..

0 Kudos
Balerion
Novice

Hi Gokulraj,
I solved this issue. I found out that the HPS is not seen in Jtag chain by the Quartus Programmer. I made some research about it and found that it needs a FSBL (First-Stage Bootloader) to boot up which is actually an SPL (Secondary Program Loader). It is a .hex file. However, I couldn't build and generate it on my own. I found a prebuild one for DK-SI-AGF014EA. I didn't expect it to work on my board which is DK-DEV-AGF014EA, but it worked. Then, I merged that .hex file with .sof and created a .jic file and embed it to the QSPI chip on the board. Then, I reboot the device and HPS is detected in jtag chain, and the problem is solved in ARM DS too. It is able to detect the board and HPS now. After all, I am able to run simple hello world app at OCRAM and SDRAM but don't forget that a .scat file which is a linker file is needed to download the code to the board.
Best Regards,
Balerion

0 Kudos