FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6136 Discussions

Trouble building GHRD for DK-DEV-AGF014EA

fwadswor
Beginner

Similar to a previous post, I am unable to build the GHRD for the Agilex™ 7 FPGA F-Series Development Kit (P-Tile and E-Tile) device. Following the instructions on RocketBoards for the seemingly most related device, I have set up the build environment and am attempting to build the hardware design. The only thing I have done to deviate from the rocketboards instructions is `export BOARD_TYPE=DK-DEV-AFG014E`, according to the readme, before executing `make generate_from_tcl` and `make all`. I am running into the same issue with HPS_EMIF_ECC that the previous poster had.

Before I go down the tedious and unpromising path of trying to fix the GHRD repository to try and wrangle the GHRD into working, is there a GHRD that works for this specific board? From the readme on the GHRD repository, it appears that this board is supported and should work. Otherwise, any help getting the build process to work would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for delay, as there was internal technical issue/glitches at our Forum Due to this case was not assigned.

There is rocketboard page for this development kit. You can use the GHRD and GSRD from below link-https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/AgilexSoCGSRD

You can also follow the below steps-

1. git clone -b QPDS24.2_REL_GSRD_PR https://github.com/altera-opensource/ghrd-socfpga

2. Enable Quartus tools to be called from command line:

export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=~/intelFPGA_pro/24.2/quartus/

export PATH=$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/bin:$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/linux64:$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/../qsys/bin:$PATH

2. make config

This command have the options for available parameterization of GHRD and knowing the default parameterization

3. Customize the GHRD settings via 'make' command along with 'generate_from_tcl' command as well. 

Multiple <PARAMETER> may be customized at one time [Not necessary if the default option is good], example- make <PARAMETER>=<value> generate_from_tcl

example- I have used this below command and tested for Agilex-5

make DEVICE=A5ED065BB32AE6SR0 HPS_EMIF_MEM_CLK_FREQ_MHZ=800 HPS_EMIF_REF_CLK_FREQ_MHZ=100 generate_from_tcl

4. make all

This command to Compile Quartus Project and generate the configuration file.

Regards

Tiwari

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay in addressing your Forum queries. Due to an unexpected back-end issue in our system, your Forum cases, along with others, did not get through as intended. As a result, we have a backlog of cases that we are currently working through one by one.

Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. However, this process will take some time, and we kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this period. The cases will be attended by AE shortly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we are committed to providing you with the best support possible. 

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for delay, as there was internal technical issue/glitches at our Forum Due to this case was not assigned.

There is rocketboard page for this development kit. You can use the GHRD and GSRD from below link-https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/AgilexSoCGSRD

You can also follow the below steps-

1. git clone -b QPDS24.2_REL_GSRD_PR https://github.com/altera-opensource/ghrd-socfpga

2. Enable Quartus tools to be called from command line:

export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=~/intelFPGA_pro/24.2/quartus/

export PATH=$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/bin:$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/linux64:$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/../qsys/bin:$PATH

2. make config

This command have the options for available parameterization of GHRD and knowing the default parameterization

3. Customize the GHRD settings via 'make' command along with 'generate_from_tcl' command as well. 

Multiple <PARAMETER> may be customized at one time [Not necessary if the default option is good], example- make <PARAMETER>=<value> generate_from_tcl

example- I have used this below command and tested for Agilex-5

make DEVICE=A5ED065BB32AE6SR0 HPS_EMIF_MEM_CLK_FREQ_MHZ=800 HPS_EMIF_REF_CLK_FREQ_MHZ=100 generate_from_tcl

4. make all

This command to Compile Quartus Project and generate the configuration file.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos