FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

altera_pcie_gui.exe failure event viewer

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Support/Expert, 

I am learning PCIe DMA with External Memory, AN708, I compiled with Quartus pro 21.3, load the sof to the A10GX dev board, load drivers, and I can see Altera PCI device in the device manager. 

but when I run the altera_pcie_gui.exe, nothing happens. 

I got response from another thread that altera_pcie_gui.exe not officially supported by intel for win10. 

it's getting harder to find a win7 environment now. 

I hope there is confirmation that the app couldn't run in win10. or provide a workaround for the newbies. 

Thank you, 

Happy Chinese New Year of Rabbit,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
wchiah
Employee

Hi David

I check with the related team since the beginning of the window support for Gen3x8_AVMM_DMA_-_Arria_10 design example window compatibility.

I just got feedback from them now.

• I'm sorry to inform you that the design that you linked to is currently only supported for 64 bit Windows 7.
  • The design was tested for that OS. We cannot guarantee the results on Windows 8
  • An alternative suggestion to you is to try on Linux version of the tool works on Ubuntu.
  • However it does not have all the features that are available in Window, for example error checking is missing

Hope this clarified, I do apologize if there is any incovenience cause to you.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dsun01
New Contributor III

please open the attached file with text editor

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David

I check with the related team since the beginning of the window support for Gen3x8_AVMM_DMA_-_Arria_10 design example window compatibility.

I just got feedback from them now.

• I'm sorry to inform you that the design that you linked to is currently only supported for 64 bit Windows 7.
  • The design was tested for that OS. We cannot guarantee the results on Windows 8
  • An alternative suggestion to you is to try on Linux version of the tool works on Ubuntu.
  • However it does not have all the features that are available in Window, for example error checking is missing

Hope this clarified, I do apologize if there is any incovenience cause to you.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos