FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4973 Discussions

arria 10 fpll can not work nomally

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi sir,

I am facing one strange problem, details as follows:

1. when I use gxp_dedicated_clock for the reference clock of the transceiver fpll, after power-on, cal_busy signal is low, but the locked signal is not asserted infinitly, I am sure the clock is clean and stable; (Transceive in cascading mode, and the problem at the upstream fpll, i think the problem exists at the downstream fpll yet).

Note: when power-on, the reference clock is not my need, firstly, I adjust the clock of the reference clock, then I asserted pll_powedown long time, and the fpll can not work normally;

2. Based 1, I make the fpll work under core mode, and provide the same reference clock, and do the same thing as 1's note, and the fpll can not work normally. When I asserted the pll_powerdown, the fpll can not lock and output the error frequency.

3. after 2, I change the reference clock to lvds io(clk pins), and do the same thing as 2, when I power on, I found the fpll can output correct frequency, and fpll can lock; but when I assert the pll_powerdown and not release, I find the fpll can output  correct frequency, and fpll locks stilly;  That means, pll can work at reset state, and pll_powerdown has no effect.

soft:: quartus 16.0

develope board: a10gx_si_e4 (10gx115s2f45i1sg)

example:

altclk_ctrl inst_0(.inclk(clk_i), outclk(ref_clk));

fpll_test   fpll_test_inst(.outclk0 (outclk), .pll_cal_busy(cal_busy), .pll_locked(clk_locked),pll_powerdown(pll_powerdown), .pll_refclk0(ref_clk));

Could some help me about this problem, thanks.

Best regards,

Lambert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

HI,

There is known bug on pll_powerdown signal. You can checkout below KDB link

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

1 Reply