FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6136 Discussions

cannot install kernel for redhat and suse OS

AimuniIdris
Employee

Hi, 

When i use RedHat 9.2 OS and SUSE OS, i encountered below error :-

root@PG1SVPLAB1386 linux]# sudo ./install make -C /lib/modules/5.6.22-df1/build M=/home/svplab/nurulain/software_folder/ptile_24p2_g4_pio1x16/kernel/linux clean make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.6.22-df1/build: No such file or directory. Stop. make: *** [Makefile:20: clean] Error 2 make -C /lib/modules/5.6.22-df1/build M=/home/svplab/nurulain/software_folder/ptile_24p2_g4_pio1x16/kernel/linux modules make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.6.22-df1/build: No such file or directory. Stop. make: *** [Makefile:17: all] Error 2 insmod: ERROR: could not load module ./intel_fpga_pcie_drv.ko: No such file or directory

Could you advise why i have this error? what i know its because kernel-devel not installed. ive tried few ways to install kernel-devel. still the same error. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AimuniIdris,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope all is well and apologies for the delayed in response.

To further clarify, can you let us know what FPGA hardware that you are working with, the development tools which you working on with the hardware and application working on?

That would be a great help to us to further understand the situation.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
RongYuan
Employee

Hi,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay in addressing your Forum queries. Due to an unexpected back-end issue in our system, your Forum case, did not reach us as intended. As a result, we have a backlog of cases that we are currently working through.

Regards,

Rong

0 Kudos
RongYuan
Employee

Hi,

You can simply do a "make" to compile the code with root privilege. Then do "./install" to install the driver. 

Regards,

Rong

0 Kudos