There are three file from GHRD (e.g. 17.1)
They are used for create device-tree and Linux stuff. However could not documents about them.
1. Where did they generated from. from Quartus Prime Pro 17.1?
2. Didn't see they are changed when implement our own project based on GHRD in Quartus Prime Pro 19.4
3. was there documentation about how to generate these three files?
4. there is a file named ghrd_10as066n2.sopcinfo, was it good enough to create device-tree and linux stuff?
You can find the information in the SoC EDS User Guide, the xml file are generated from Quartus compilation:
Regarding the Device tree generation, I recommend that you check below on the information and how to generate the Device tree:
You can also go to rocketboards.org, there are other documentation and tutorial, GHRD compilation, Booting via SD card etc. It is very useful.
My question are
#1. Were those three files (see below), which are board xml files generated by Quartus?
It seems not according to the "Generating the Linux Device Tree" flow overview. Where the sopcinfo is from Quartus.
#2 Was there any settings in Quartus to generate these three files? or under which folder of Quartus project?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Quartus generates xml files in "handoffs" for uboot. There are also a bunch of xml files at per peripheral basis.
1. Yes. In the Device tree generator, it assumes that the GHRD (which is the golden reference hardware design) already have the XML which is precompiled. That is why the flow is as such.
2. There are no additional settings, 3 XML files are generated automatically when running Compile in Quartus and will be in the Quartus Project folder.