Success! Subscription added.
Success! Subscription removed.
Sorry, you must verify to complete this action. Please click the verification link in your email. You may re-send via your
You can import the uClinux-dist to Nios2 IDE, ie Eclipse, and debug kernel.
The debug info (-g) is disabled by default. To enable debug info,
Kernel hacking -->
[*] Kernel debugging
[*] Compile the kernel with debug info
1. Open Nios2 IDE from a shell, ie, run "nios2-ide" .
2. From IDE menu, import the uClinux-dist dir. After you press [finish], it will take some time scanning the dir.
3. Connect jtag cable to your board, and configure your fpga with nios2-configure-sof if it is not configured yet.
4. Select project uclinux from the left-hand side of the windows.Set Up a Debug Configuration.
5. A Debug Configuration Manager will come out,
6. If the Confirm Perspective Switch dialog box appears, click Yes. You can debug the kernel now.
Idedebug.png (Click here for image)
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.