GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
139 Discussions

About paper: GPU Daemon: Road to zero cost submission

chengchang
Beginner

I read the paper GPU Daemon: Road to zero cost submission. It achieves a brilliant result on reducing queue and submission time cost. But I can't find an implementation or a demo to this project. So, could you please share an open sourced version to me? Thanks a lot. @Michal_M_Intel.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hi chengchang,

Hope you're doing well.

I want to let you know that we are currently checking your case internally.

Please expect a response soon.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
chengchang
Beginner

Thank you, sincerely expecting your response.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi chengchang,

Thanks for your patience, we moved your post to the proper subforum, please expect a response soon. 

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Brandon_F_Intel
Employee

Hi chenchang,

Thank you for your patience and your interest in OpenCL.  The technique described in this paper used two bleeding-edge (at the time) features – fine-grain SVM and device-side enqueue – that unfortunately didn’t not see widespread adoption. We’re currently working to integrate a derivative capability based on learnings from the paper *transparently* into the OpenCL and Level Zero driver which can be leveraged directly or via oneAPI.  Stay tuned to future driver releases for this new version of “near zero cost submission” capability.

Regards,

Brandon F

Compute Software Architect

chengchang
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Hope you succeed.

0 Kudos