GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
158 Discussions

Arc A750-cannot play Vulkan games (?) properly

PINGAS7578
Beginner

I played Sky on Steam and for some reason it keeps crashing with no warning during loading or when entering/entered Sky, was guessing it may be that for some reason Vulkan doesn't work properly even though it's supported on my A750 and maybe all Vulkan using games are not working properly? Guessing it because basically all DirectX using games work fine as much as I've tested after even reinstalling the Arc gpu drivers.

And well, if that's the case that Vulkan games don't work properly for some reason on Arc gpus then maybe in a new driver update there could be a fix for that issue?

Oh yeah, even the Google play games pc app games sometimes crash that way too with no warning just to let everyone know this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• Was the game crashing the first time that you played it?
  • Except for updating the graphics driver, have you performed other troubleshooting steps? This is to prevent us from providing you with the same troubleshooting steps.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PINGAS7578
Beginner

Hello

The game crashed constantly actually with no warning even after the first crash, but currently tested some games if they work as they should and results were that Sky Steam version crashed in 5 minutes, a Google play games game crashed in 15 minutes and for some reason Java Minecraft crashed in 40 minutes and made the system reboot back to the lock screen, but Bedrock edition Minecraft froze and re-entered Minecraft and then in 30 minutes nothing happened. Weirdly enough for some reason on my Ryzen 7600's iGPU Sky didn't at all crash after 5 minutes and ran fine. One friend thought it could possibly be the motherboard having bad traces to and from the GPU, but don't know exactly because of not having a test bench, which works always.

I did a stress test to the gpu for 5 minutes to see if there is some type of a issue and seemed nothing was wrong unless if mentioning that after a minute or two  during the stress test the GPU's temperature dropped from 71 degrees Celsius to 63 degrees Celsius and then went back to where it previously was before the stutter.

And I generated an SSU report too and added it to the reply, so hopefully the other information I gave too with this could be helpful.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

Thank you so much for providing us with the information that we have requested.

We'll look into the problem more thoroughly in order to identify its underlying cause and perhaps provide you with a recommendation.

I will post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We would like to clarify if you are referring to Sky: Children of the Light?

Furthermore, may we know what type of crash you are encountering? Is it BSOD or Crash to Windows?

1. If BSOD, please provide a complete memory dump.
  2. And if it crashes on Windows, please provide an application event viewer log from your system. Below are the steps to generate the logs.
    1. Right-click on the Start button.
    2. Click on Event Viewer.
    3. Click on the chevron of the Windows Logs.
    4. Right-click on the application and select Save all events as
    5. Save the file and send us a copy.
    6. Make sure to indicate the timestamp of the crash.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PINGAS7578, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos