GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
142 Discussions

GPU ISA code execution

Grek
Beginner

Hi

I have question about kernel execution on Intel GPU

I working on complicated project, and the best way to improve efficiency is writing code directly in GEN assembly.

It is possible to directly load  ISA compiled program to GPU?

I downloaded and built IGA compiler, successfully compiled my ISA project to binary version, but in hex editor i see this is a raw file, without header, only GEN SIMD instructions.

OpenCl clBuildProgramWithBinary function don't work. I have error code -42 CL_INVALID_BINARY

The same result with clBuildProgramWithIL, CL_INVALID_BINARY error.

There is any method to start this program on GPU? (Intel I5-5300U, broadwell family)

Thanks for reply

Grek

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ben_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It's been a while since I've done this, but please have a look at the ocloc "OpenCL Offline Compiler" since I think it has the functionality you are looking for:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/install-opencl-offline-compiler-ocloc.html

Note that ocloc packages are also available in the latest NEO compute runtime releases:

https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases/latest

I've had the best luck in the past by first writing and compiling a skeleton kernel with the same signature as my hand-written kernel, disassembling the kernel binary, replacing the skeleton kernel with my hand-written kernel, then re-assembling the binary.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Greg,

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Greg,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos