GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
165 Discussions

Simple_Add DPC++ oneAPI example fails to run

Piovesan__Stefano

I am trying to run a basic Simple_Add DPC++ example from the sample browser with VS2019 and oneAPI toolkit 2021 Beta Update 10.<br>Running the project, it crashes here 

queue q(d_selector, dpc_common::exception_handler);

throwing the exception below

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFF6915FB99 (igdrcl64.dll) in simple-add-buffers.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF6915FB99 (igdrcl64.dll) in simple-add-buffers.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.

All project samples fail there.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Piovesan__Stefano

Hi Abhishek,

updating the display driver with igfx_win10_100.9168.exe solves the issue. It works with the original generated code:

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Stefano

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please try updating your toolkit version, it seems that you are using an older toolkit, so try updating the toolkit and the graphics driver.

If you are getting the same error after updating the toolkit then please share the detailed error logs with the environment details of your system. We will try to resolve the issue.

We tried running the same sample with the latest oneAPI base toolkit and we didn't get any errors.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Piovesan__Stefano

Hi,

I updated to latest w_BaseKit_p_2021.1.0.2664_offline.exe and there is the same error.

I am running on Window 10 Enterprise LTSC, 1809, build 17763.1757 with an Intel i7-8700 CPU @3.2GHz-3.19 GHz on an Advantech AIMB-786 motherboard.

Attached are the output and the call stack. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Stefano

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Stefano,

Please try updating your Intel graphics driver to at least version 27.20.100.9030 and try running the same sample.

Also, modify the line queue q(d_selector, dpc_common::exception_handler); to queue q(cpu_selector{}, dpc_common::exception_handler); and check if its working or not.

Try some other samples too and see if you get the same error or a different error.

Please try out the above things and give us an update with logs.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Piovesan__Stefano

Hi Abhishek,

updating the display driver with igfx_win10_100.9168.exe solves the issue. It works with the original generated code:

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Stefano

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the confirmation, we will no longer monitor this thread. Please post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos