Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

100% processor.

RyZe_RTX
Novice

My processor every time I open a game it uses 100% of my cpu, which makes it go with drops in fps and the temperature increases. This did not happen to me before I need help please see how the processor in the games uses them between 40 and 60% of the processor and mine stalls at 100%. My processor is an i5 9300h I need help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

RyZe_RTX
Novice

Hi ! 

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

You said 'This did not happen to me before', so what has changed since this happened for the first time?

When gaming, the GPU nvidia on your laptop should be handling a lot of the heavy workload, how is it working? Is it showing load?

Your intel graphics driver is very old 25.20.100.6617, maybe it is related to the behavior, and I can see asus doesn't provide a new one (this means that they do not have much interest in providing this computer with updates in a timely manner, keep in mind the next time you consider buying something from them...)

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Everyday-use/ASUS-X571/HelpDesk_Download/?model2Name=ASUS-Laptop-X571GT

You may try the generic from Intel (it is supposed we should use only the ones provided by the manufacturer due to "customizations")... it is up to you to give it a try

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Also, ask asus help to review BIOS settings, could be that something might be blocking full performance on the CPU, or having overheating/throttling...

RyZe_RTX
Novice
Yes, as I said, this did not happen to me before since the cpu worked correctly while playing (20% - 50%) and the graphics was used between 80 and 99%.

Currently that does not happen, now it is the reverse, the cpu at 100% and the graphics 30% - 40%.

The truth is that I need help, I even did a reset to the laptop but it didn't work.

And for games like Fortnite my cpu is correct to play because as I told you before, what was mentioned before did not happen.
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Ok, but do you know what has changed since this happened for the first time? we can see you say this did not happen before, so is there anything that may give a clue where the issue is? I mean, could it be it was a windows update? bios or driver updates? did you change something on the BIOS? and so on...

However, since you did a reset to the laptop but it didn't work, maybe the issue is not software but hardware... I would still try the generic driver update and check the BIOS settings, power settings on windows, and so on... and make sure you're running the games with Nvidia gpu, you can set that on Nvidia control panel

0 Kudos