Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

DirectX Games having Issues

CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Rather recently I've come to notice a weird situation in GPU usage that only directx games have been facing so far, while Vulkan does not seem to share it. Directx 11 seems to not want the GPU usage to rise above 70-80% in Metal gear solid 5, while just a few weeks back it was working fine maxed out at 50fps, now its barely hitting 40's. And in 2 assassins creed games the gpu usage never rises abbove 50%, black flag and syndicate. the framrates are capped in game but when in the lobby the gpu maxxes out to 60fps, in black flag and syndicate. changing resolution doesnt fix anything, neither does graphics settings. it makes it unplayable, but metal gear is just dropping performance since the last time i played. i hope there's a fix to this

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, CryoLexis.

Thank you for posting in our Community. Let me help you regarding issues with the DirectX Games. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html). If you have done any steps to fix this issue before contacting us please give me those details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps.

Also, I would like to share this link/article, (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/how-to-fix-your-low-frame-rate.html), where you can find some troubleshooting tips that might help fix the issue. 

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello CryoLexis,

It has been some time since we heard from you. Is everything alright? Did the article helped you with the weird issue that you are having?  We'd really appreciate if you can let us know. Please respond to us at your earliest convenience.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CryoLexis.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos