Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

Does my motherboard supports this graphic card?

LuizDePadaria
Beginner
Hey everyone,
I’m thinking about buying a new RTX 3050 GDDR6 8gb but the thing that beats me is if my motherboard is compatible (Intel H110), and my computer is in my house in another country (I’m currently in the US), completely out of reach.
My question is: can this motherboard supports a RTX 3050 GDDR6? I ask because my currently videocard is a GTX 1060 6gb GDDR5 (Dunno if it matters but my CPU is an i7-7700k)
And in case what I typed doesn’t make any sense since I don’t fully understand about hardware, what determines if a videocard is compatible with my currently setup?
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask the motherboard manufacturer (which is not Intel).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

RobertKMack
Beginner

It's a good question to ask before making a purchase. The compatibility of a graphic card with a motherboard can be determined by several factors, including the type of bus interface (PCI Express, AGP, or others), the number and type of video outputs, and the power supply requirements. Another important factor is the overall size of the card, which must fit into an available slot on the motherboard.

If you're unsure whether a particular graphic card model will be compatible with your motherboard, you can check the manufacturer's website or contact customer support for more information. In some cases, a BIOS update may be required for the card to work properly.

With all of these factors to consider, it's important to do your research before buying a graphic card. That way, you can be sure that the card you select will work with your motherboard and provide the performance you need.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@RobertKMack AGP?  Are you serious?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos