Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
452 Discussions

Driver Issue on Garten of Banban 2

BigAl85
Beginner

I recently downloaded Garten of Banban2 from the Steam platform, but an error notice came up stating that the graphics driver installed on my Dell Vostro PC was the Intel HD 530 - version 26.10.100.7263, whereas the driver required to run the game is version 30.0.101.1340 released in Feb 2022.   Exhaustive searches on both Dell and Intel support has failed to come up with a solution as the installed driver is no longer supported.   Is there a solution to this problem?   My level of technical competence is limited

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
BigAl85
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The latest/last driver (31.0.101.2115) for your processor graphics can be found here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

0 Kudos
BigAl85
Beginner

Many thanks for your suggestion, but I've already tried that only to receive the following message:  Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer.  Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update.  When I did that, the Dell support site advised that there were no updates available for my device.   Is there any way to force a manual update?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download and save the driver.

Disconnect from the net (unplug the LAN and/or turn off wifi)

In the device manager, uninstall (checking the "delete driver software for this device") graphics driver.

Repeat until you have only the Microsoft basic driver.

Install the driver you downloaded.

Reconnect your internet.

0 Kudos
BigAl85
Beginner

Tried your solution but the system would not allow me to uninstall the Intel Core i5-64CPU.   It appears four times in device manager, but not one of them could be uninstalled.   In apps and features I have uninstalled everything relating to intel, but it makes no difference.   I'm beginning to think that the driver is somehow permanently embedded into the system by Dell.  Is there any alternative approach? 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not uninstall the cpu.   You uninstall the graphics driver, listed under "Display adapters".

0 Kudos
BigAl85
Beginner

Doh!  My lack of competence is exposed.   Followed your suggestions and the updated driver loaded beautifully.   My granddaughter can now play Banban II to her heart's content.   You are a star, and have my eternal gratitude.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad it worked.

0 Kudos