Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Errors on old games

Hyon0569
Beginner
Hello, I play some old games with Samsung laptop using 11th Gen i5-1135G7 and Iris Xe Graphics.

But when I play old games like Need for Speed Most Wanted, the display always changes like attached files.

I updated the graphic driver and touched all kind of options but I cannot changed that.

Is there anyone can solve this problem?

One of the picture is normally I can see.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Play the OLD games in compatibility mode, or replace the OLD games with new games.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Hyon0569
Beginner
Already used in compatible mode and posted this.

Thanks for your reply
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Hyon0569, I just wanted to check if the issue with old games persists and if you still need assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hyon0569
Beginner
The same it is.
I think the resolution cannot be changed to fullscreen to my display. It’s really serious problem.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hyon0569, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this case, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Were you able to use those same games on full screen before on this specific machine?

If so, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the graphics drivers, that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Hyon0569
Beginner

What is the model of the laptop?

- Samsung NT930QDY-A51A.

Is this a new computer?

- Pretty new.

When did you purchase it?

- I bought 6 months ago.

Were you able to use those same games on full screen before on this specific machine?

- Yes. In my desktop or another laptop could use that on fullscreen mode and it's pretty perfect.

If so, when did the issue start?

- The first I installed this games.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the graphics drivers, that might cause this problem?

- This laptop already installed graphic driver, and then this happens. So I updated all the times but not resolved.

Which Windows* version are you using?

- Windows 11 Enterprise.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

- This is the problem about playing games, of course, home environment.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

- Sure. I attached.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hyon0569, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Even though you mentioned that you already used the "compatible mode", in the link below you will find the instructions in the case you might want to try it again. It is for Windows* 10 but should work on Windows* 11:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030981/graphics.html

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1660 provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your machine. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked for the graphics drivers provided by Samsung, but I was not able to find them. According to the link below, there is a Samsung tool to install the updates on your system, please try that to make sure the latest graphics driver tested and validated by Samsung is properly installed on your device, once you get the chance, let us know the results:

https://www.samsungsvc.co.kr/solution/25967

Additionally, we recommend to get in contact directly with Samsung support, to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your laptop and also for them to confirm which is the latest graphics driver version they have available for you to install:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Hyon0569, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Hyon0569, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Why the worry of these old games running, when Intel does not support its own old software, drivers, and hardware, and removes old software and drivers from being download?

Just curious.

0 Kudos
marshray
Beginner

Facing the same issue with Mini Militia Old Versions, but an additional issue that I'm facing is that whenever the game is launched my PC automatically shut down.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@marshray   Play the OLD games in compatibility mode, or replace the OLD games with new games.

0 Kudos
Jorden2
Beginner

Hi, @marshery

Your problem is solved ? 

I am facing same problem now

0 Kudos
Alexdoee
Beginner

Did you set your game graphics on high settings, while playing this NFS game?

0 Kudos