Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
439 Discussions

How can I force a game to use my GPU?

ctmar13
Beginner

I've been trying to run a game on my PC but it won't use the GPU that I have. I've done the thing in settings where you set it to high performance with the GPU, it just doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

And, what gpu do you have?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ctmar13
Beginner

Thank You

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ctmar13  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

The OS should choose your GPU automatically for games and demanding graphical apps. Can you please provide more details on why and how you think is not happening that way? 

The Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics card is being detected in your Intel SSU report. Are you using any Discrete Graphics card?

What game are you playing? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
ctmar13
Beginner

I've looked into message boards in the game I was trying to play, and apparently it's an issue with the newest update for the game rather than my computer (for whatever reason the game is unable to use any type of integrated graphics card) so as far as I can tell, my best solution is to wait for a patch or buy a separate graphics card (I'll probably do the former). Thank you regardless for your help!

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ctmar13  

Thank you for your reply and let me know. 

In that case, this thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos