Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
443 Discussions

How do driver updates for Intel integrated graphics affect gaming stability and performance?

mrrizwan05
Beginner

gaming stability and performance, and what should users be aware of when updating drivers?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

interesting

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

no drivers tend to degrade performance slightly over the default drivers for your igpu. however it doesn't compare to patches to run new games or sometimes even substantial performance improvements. the msi claw got a bios for example that improved performance by 30 percent. it went from being impractical to being the best device for games. that being said intels new architecture 12th through 14th and beyond takes some getting used to. currently ive maxed out my efficiency cores clocks. and have my performance cores running at 25 percent.

Im running a core ultra 5 125u.

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

cyberpunk 2077 at 1024x768 xess ultra quality ray traced reflections on high textures everything else low except for subsurface scattering which is at high.

city skylines 2 800x600 mix of high and low settings 16 fps big village

ratchet and clank rift apart 800x600 xess quality hair quality medium everything else low 45 fps

ratchet and clank runs phenomenally probably due to recent drivers. during a crash it stopped recognizing the igpu though so I had to reinstall the game. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mrrizwan05,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For me to further check this, kindly tell us if you encounter a performance issue after driver update and how did you updated the driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos