Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
426 Discussions

How to add The Sims 3 to Intel Graphics Command Center (beta)

Sabrina2
Beginner

I am trying to limit the fps of the game to help it run smoother. There's a video tutorial I'm following although its for Radeon. I've been trying to follow it using the intel alternatives and all it seems I need to do now is add The Sims 3 game to the list of games in my Intel Graphics Command Center. I tried the auto search but it didn't recognize TS3 as a game file I guess? It's a folder not a file so I was wondering if there is a file within the folder I can upload to the app.

I can send screenshots if needed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sabrina2,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. 

Before I continue further, I want to confirm this:

1. Just to confirm, is the only issue that you can't add Sims 3 to the tool?

2. Were you able to change the FPS setting inside the game?

3. What is the brand and model name of your processor and graphics card?

4. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sabrina2
Beginner

Hi Deivid, thank you for responding. 

1. That is my only issue as far as the intel graphics command center goes. My main issue I'm trying to resolve is making the game less laggy.

2. Unortunately you can't change the fps inside the game, no.

3. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz 1.90 GHz

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

4. System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

OS build: 19045.3448

Version: 22H2

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sabrina2, 

Thanks for your response. Based on your hardware (Intel® Core™ i3-4030U Processor) I would like to let you know that due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any further support or instructions related to your Intel® Core™ i3-4030U Processor and Intel® HD Graphics 4400. However, the Intel® Graphics Command Center is not discontinued, and can provide you with more information about this.

The Intel Graphics Command Center will attempt to locate these games at typical installation locations. However, some games can’t be detected because they have a separate launcher (for example, Steam*, Epic*, and others). The Intel Graphics Command Center may detect some games from these launchers but it may not locate all of them. Intel is adding discoverable games to our catalog regularly. There are also times when a game is updated and a configuration in the game has changed so the game becomes undetectable with the existing parameters. This will require an update to the Intel Graphics Command Center, which will make this game detectable again. However, you can always add games manually via the “+” button (Add Games).

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos