Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

IGCC Recording feature not working.

Etop
Beginner

Hello, I am currently asking for help about the IGCC Recording feature not recording as it shows an
error every time I try to record "Undefined Behavior. Please update your graphics driver and make sure there is no VPN/Firewall while streaming". I have tried the drivers given by HP but nothing changed at all. I currently have an Intel I5-6500 Processor with the Intel HD Graphics 530. I will also give out my DxDiag report with some screenshots from the error, as well as other reports if needed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start? Did the record option use to work?
  • Do you recall any hardware or software changes before the issue started?
  • As the error message implies. Do you have any VPN software installed on your system?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Okay so,

I had the Intel Graphic Panel at first but it suddenly changed to the IGCC, I was looking around and saw the recording feature, I tried to

use it but it gave me the error.

There is not any hardware changes I have made but as I said my graphics driver updated to the IGCC.

I do not have a VPN or any software like (Avast Firewall and VPN or other Internet protection software)

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for your response, the information provided has been useful.

Since you have updated your graphics driver and the issue still persists. I would recommend installing a previous driver (30.0.101.1340), to do so, please, perform a clean installation of the driver following the steps:

1. Download the DCH driver and save them on the computer:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/721124/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters that the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded in step 1 Restart the computer. 

Reconnect to the Internet. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hi Jean,

So I have tried the steps you gave me and unfortunately nothing have changed.

I made sure to have zero internet connection and installed the specific driver you told me to install but it's the same error as before.

If the IGCC is installed by the Microsoft Store (It did not installed in the driver or did not installed correctly), does it matter or it really

needs to be installed by the driver pack?

Thank you for your steps.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

I appreciate your response.

Regarding your question, The Intel® Graphics Command Center is not included with the graphics driver package, the application should be installed using the Microsoft Store.

Since the issue still persists with a previous driver, my recommendation is to perform one more time a clean installation with the newest driver available, which is version 30.0.101.1994. Keep in mind that it is important to maintain your system up to date, there may be some fixes on the new driver build that may not be included with an older version; I suggested a previous version as some people informed us that the issue was solved after installing the driver 30.0.101.1340. Please, follow the steps provided before, the installation file for the new driver will be found here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Please provide me with the outcome for trying the clean installation one more time. If the issue persists, please provide me with the following:

• Create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hello Jean,

So I have tried once again the instruction you gave me with the latest drivers but once again nothing changed.

Because of that I will provide you the SSU report as well as the IGCC report.|

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for your response.

On the SSU report, I noticed that the BIOS version installed on your system is 02.17. There is a newer version available for your system, which is version 00.02.56. As I mentioned in my previous response, it is important to keep your system up to date. Please, update your BIOS version and let me know if the issue persists, to download the BIOS update file, you should visit the HP support four your unit:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-small-form-factor-pc/7633277

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hello Jean,

So I have updated the BIOS at the latest version and it is still giving me the same error.

I honestly do not know why this error keep persisting after all those attempts, but still thank you for your time.

I hope to see a better solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Could you confirm if you have enough space on your drive to save your recordings?

I also would recommend changing the save folder for your recordings, please, follow these steps:

• Change the save path of your screen record in IGCC:
    • Open IGCC > Home > Capture > File location > Browse
    • Choose a different folder (e.g. Desktop)
    • Click select folder.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I have tried to change file location but it is the same error again and yes I do have enough space to save my recordings.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I want to recommend you uninstall the IGCC and install it one more time. Since the application is installed using the Microsoft App, you can uninstall it using the Apps & Features settings. To install it one more time, use the Microsoft Store.

Uninstallation steps:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/holographic-store-apps

Installation steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I think that it is pretty obvious but it is the same error again, is there any chances that the beta version of IGCC

would work or should I just keep the stable one.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for your response.

About your question, I recommend keeping the official version.

I would, one more time, check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Try disabling the Controlled Folder Access:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection
    1. Click on 'Manage settings'.
    2. Turn off the 'Manage controlled folder access'.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Etop
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I just tried this but nothing changed at all.

Thank you for your time.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

Thanks for your response,

I will continue checking the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Etop,

The screen recording feature is to be removed from IGCC in the coming releases. This feature has been moved to Arc Control. Unfortunately, we can not commit to any fix to this feature as it is about to be removed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos