Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
360 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center not detecting games

Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

A month or two back, I made a post just like this one and accepted as a solution for installing drivers from the manufacturer. I did get in contact with my manufacturer (HP) and they keep telling me to download the DCH drivers. I have the drivers and IGCC. But I cannot add any games. For example, I have Minecraft Java edition that I own officially. And GTA V, The same description goes from here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-HD-graphics-command-center-not-detecting-games/m-p/1326934#M102357

I do have a few games in Origin, Which I understand it will not detect games in launchers. But what about Minecraft itself? I have installed the DCH driver update above .9955

When I use Intel Command Center, I somehow lose fps vs the Intel Graphics Control Panel, I get a stable amount. 

I will create a SSU report later. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have found a solution!

I Uninstalled IGCC With Iobit Uninstaller pro, To get the pro key, I found it on a giveaway online.

I removed the Graphics Display Driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Download from here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Run the .exe

Extract the files to wherever you want

Locate the folder, Open it and run the .exe

Give it Admin permissions

There a couple of messages on startup, I did not go into safe mode. 

Select device type: GPU

It should automatically detect an Intel GPU.

Click the : Clean And Restart (Highly Recommended)

This will take a few moments....

Your pc will automatically restart

Download the DCH Drivers: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Disconnect from the internet to prevent any updates.

Run the installer

Follow the Installer's instructions (The installer will take a very long time because all of the registry files, and OEM traces are deleted, and all of the files from  the previous driver.)

I would recommend rebooting your pc so the driver takes full effect.

Reconnect to the internet

Download The Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store

Click "Accept on startup"

Watch the Cursor if it spinning while IGCC is scanning for games (If not, It is more than likely it work)

Now, I would like intel to fix this problem. IGCC (Public stable) will not show the Launch Button, However, Going to the Beta version Will show the Launch button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Is the issue only with these 2 games?
  2. Did you download Minecraft from the Microsoft store?
  3. Did you download any of the games from any launcher like Steam*, Epic Games*, and others? 
  4. Intel® SSU report. 
  5. Graphics report, open the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC), in order to get please open IGCC, go to the support tab, select system diagnostic, click "generate report", save the file and attach it to your response. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hello Josue,

Yes this is the only issue with these two games. 

I have both Minecraft java edition that is from Mincraft's official website. I also do have the bedrock edition which I downloaded from the Microsoft store. 

I have purchased GTA V from Rockstar Games (Not from Steam Or Epic games). 

I will attach a SSU report and a graphics diags report later. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, we will wait for the reports. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

I really quickly got the reports. Here they are:

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

In this case please try performing a clean installation of the graphics driver and the command center, in order to do this, please follow the next steps:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

5. Restart the computer.

6. Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

7. If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

9. Install the latest graphics driver.

10. Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hello

I will be trying this today. The process will just take a while. But I will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Sure, we will wait for you to perform the steps and let us know the results. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

We have not heard back from you and we wanted to ask if you were able to perform the steps of the previous post. Let us know if you still require our assistance.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, 

I am sorry that you have not herd back from me for a while. I did try doing it. I removed all of the old drivers, And did a clean install and the issue still persists. I have also tried the beta version of the Command Center. And no games detected.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

After checking the information provided, we found that there is a newer version of the BIOS for your system, currently, you are using version F.25, however, on the HP website, we found that the latest version is F.56. Please perform this update and test if the issue persists, also, please take into consideration that in case you need assistance with the BIOS update you need to contact HP for specialized support on BIOS updates with their systems. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-au100-notebook-pc/12499208/model/12780759

Also, please make sure to be running the latest OS version, please perform all available updates and test if the issue persists. 

In case after performing all updates, the Intel® Graphics Command Center still doesn’t detect the games, provide me with the specific steps to try to replicate the issue in our lab. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hello Josue, I did try the steps, I have no idea about how it even happened in the first place. I have done a full antivirus scan (Using Norton), A repair install of Windows 10, And cleaned out my Device manger and installed any updates that Driver Booster 8 pro that gave me. I have currently installed the beta release. Still my games are not detected. I can still add them manually. But no launch button.

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

I have done windows 10 optimizations provided here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0JB7W378Gc

I have followed a majority of the steps. I did apply registry changes, I have undervolted my laptop using throttlestop. I cannot update the bios by using the automatic install. I can flash it by usb but I am afraid to brick it.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, our recommendation is to contact HP for guidance performing the BIOS update. 

Let us know if you were able to perform the updates, remember that in case after performing the recommendations the issue persists, please provide us with steps to replicate the issue in our lab. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, 

I have did a BIOS update, I was unable to go to F.56, I was able to go to F.55, The issue is still going on. I have no idea of how it happened in the first place...

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided. In this case, please provide us with the steps to try to replicate the issue in our lab.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have no Idea of how the issue exactly happened in the first place. I did try uninstalling the driver and deleting the control panel and command center services and reinstalled the driver, I am using the beta 101.1121 because my games would crash if my laptop was unplugged. I thought the issue would be fixed but I am wrong. The mouse will show the loading logo and switch back and forth 3 times, Then I get the message saying that nothing could be added to my library. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, don't worry, we will try to replicate the issue in our lab and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Ok, Let me know if you found anything. Is there a way to download Intel Command Center without using Microsoft Store?

0 Kudos