Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Intel XTU and watchdog driver

Jopenziuse
Beginner

Hey, im using Intel XTU for undervolting my cpu but i am annoyed that i have to turn the XTU and undervolt it everytime i turn on my pc. 

i found that there is infact an option to save my choosings on the XTU but i can't seem to get it enabled... 

Can someone help me with it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Jopenziuse, 

I noticed you are inquiring about XTU options, please tell us more about the specific choosing that you want to save along with the following details:

1. Please share the specific model of your CPU
  2. You may also share with me the .txt file of the following so we can determine the compatibility of your system: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jopenziuse
Beginner

So i am owner of one of the 'faulty'  i9 13900k as i saw so many people have the problems like i do, can't launch games, crashes in games etc...

I don't know if i should RMA my CPU becouase I need my PC available in all times so IDK how long an RMA would take.

Im using XTU to underclock my cpu Preformance Core Ratio from 57x to 54x becouase that is the only way that any of my games would launch...

I need help, what should i do?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Jopenziuse, 

The way I see it, we still need more information before concluding that the CPU is at fault. I understand that the underclocking works as a temporary solution as it can also cause system stability, however, finding the cause of this issue will bring us much closer to figuring out why the games are not launching without undervolting. What I highly recommend is to investigate first the cause before relying on undervolting. You may share with us the following details so we can better understand your situation: 

1. To determine if there are known issues with the type of games that are not launching, please list out the games that are encountering this issue.
  2. When did the issue started? Was it sudden or gradual?
  3. Were you able to launch this games before?
  4. Have you made any changes before the issue occurred? If you do, kindly please indicate if it is a software or a hardware change.
  5. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility located at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html.
  6. Have you overclocked this CPU?
  7. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.
  8. Aside from undervolting, what are the troubleshooting steps you have taken? 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Jopenziuse, 

I am just looking for an update about the information we have requested. Sharing this detail is necessary so we can further identify the next steps that we need to take.  We'd really appreciate if you can send this to us so we can further investigate the issue.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Jopenziuse, 

I hope you are doing well. We have not heard a response from you in the past few days. As such, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos