Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

Problem is valorant not supporting intel uhd graphics 620 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU

Fahad86
Beginner

We do see the lag/stutter in valorant out side of practice mode (i am on the latest update). For me on the latest 30.0.101.1191 update the game is constantly stuck which is unplayable. Everything else on my laptop is fine.

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U

Memory : 8192MB RAM

Intel UHD 620

The dxdiag & Support utility is attached.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Fahad86, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was the game Valorant working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Fahad86
Beginner

Mostly new computer.

First time Installed valorant on it.

Issue started very first.

Windows 10 Pro (21H1)

0 Kudos
ShivamYT
Novice

same problem

ans1-purchase i 2019

ans2-online

ans3-yes i was able to play valorant in 2021 but now there is horrible stutter so i cant play it now

ans4-in 2021 june or july 

ans5-no i didnt change anything i also factory reset it to run valorant but it didnt work

ans6-windows10

ans7-home

pls help me i request u 

my specs

GPU-INTEL UHD 620

RAM-8GB

PROCESSER-intel core i5 8265u 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Fahad86, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Fahad86, Thank you very much for providing that information.

According to the information shown in the SSU report, as you mentioned, the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1191, which is a driver provided by Intel®.

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific device. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on HP's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available for your machine is 27.20.100.9664 Rev.W. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below and once you get the chance, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g6-notebook-pc/23201167/swItemId/ob-277623-1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Also, the current Windows version on your computer is Build 19043, there is a more recent version available, which is 19044, that you can try to install to confirm if the issue with the game gets fixed that way:

We also advise to get in contact directly with HP support to make sure the BIOS version in your laptop is the latest one or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Fahad86, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Fahad86, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos