Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Real Flight

edl
Novice

Cannot play Real flight 9.5 apparently missing the DirectX will there be a fix in the future or is there a way around it, thanks for the help I have intel i7 12gen with iris x graphics

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

System info

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

system info

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Thanks for getting back. I will be able to get the info in the next couple days.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

The 12th generation Intel graphics does not support DirectX 9 natively, so it uses Microsoft D3D9On12 to translate the API.

What is exactly the issue you are having when trying to run Real Flight 9.5? Are you getting any error message?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

The game will not display when I select it on occasion it will display but the menu on top is shaded gray so I can't open the option like calibrate controller select airplane or airfield.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Please provide the following information:

• Was the simulator able to run fine before? If so, when did the issue start?
  • Are you having a similar issue with other simulator/game/application in your system?

As well, please perform the following steps:

Download latest DCH graphics drivers 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

The game was running great until I bought a new laptop,  i7 12 gen with iris x graphics, at this time the game won't display, when click play  it says running for about 5 seconds then stops. I have uninstalled and re installed Steam several times also tried run as administrator still didn't solve the problem, also uninstalled McAfee (came with the laptop) still no luck, not sure what to do next. Laptop and drivers are up to date.

tomas3800
New Contributor I

I have the same problem with Warrock. Probably Intel is trying to get me to switch to the AMD platform. Since 2001, I have only used Intel products and spent 10 thousand dollars for Intel to sell me a processor in 2022 that I cannot use.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information.

I would like to investigate further about this issue. Could you please confirm that you were able to perform a clean installation of the latest DCH drivers version 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111? 

@tomas3800 Please create a new post with all the details about your issue, and we will be glad to assist you further with it.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Did a clean install no change game still does not open says "running" for a few second then closes.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I will be working on this case. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello edl,

Please perform the following steps:

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Thanks Steven I will try it this weekend, will this windows update effect remote desktop? I work from home sometimes on the weekends.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Please let us know as soon as you can if the steps provided worked to solve the issue. 

Also, the Windows update should not have any effect in remote desktop.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Hi Steven this did not work, Here is what I found on Real Flight forum. 

The integrated graphics processing unit (iGPU) in Intel’s 12th-generation processors is currently incompatible with RealFlight.

To be clear, these Intel CPUs are just fine as processors. There is only a problem if you are also using them to render your graphics. The iGPU is missing support for a particular DirectX 9 feature subset that RealFlight requires.

Now that we have identified and confirmed the issue through our own testing, we will report it to Intel. We encourage all affected users to report it to Intel as well.

As of this writing it does not appear there are any versions of Intel drivers that solve the defect.

This is not a Windows 11 issue, though the fact that nearly all 12th-generation Intel CPUs will also be running Windows 11 means it will occur there most often.

As a workaround, desktop users can install a discrete graphics card from Nvidia or AMD. That is not an option for laptop users, however.

We hope that as we all begin reporting to issue to Intel they will be responsive and be able to fix it in a driver update.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello edl, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I will report this to the proper team and I will get back to you as soon as possible in case we need to share more information with you.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Thanks David!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello edl, 

Bear in mind that there is a known issue with DX9 on 12th gen, if we are unable to reproduce the issue this won't be investigated by Intel and you will need to report this to the game developer.

However, in order to help you further, please provide us with the exact steps to replicate this issue (step-by-step) as well as the set up that you are uisng.

Also, privide any error messages, and info about the game crashing if available.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos