Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Real Flight

edl
Novice

Cannot play Real flight 9.5 apparently missing the DirectX will there be a fix in the future or is there a way around it, thanks for the help I have intel i7 12gen with iris x graphics

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
edl
Novice

My laptop is only about a month old but I did a reset with a fresh install of windows 11, I downloaded steam in a new folder, I was able to open the game but the menu is shaded grey I cannot chose any options to start the game, I included two photos hope you can open them, also a photo of an error. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello edl, 

Thanks for the information and the pictures. Before we continue I just would like to confirm if you have any specific steps to replicate the issue or if the issue appears as soon as you open the game.

If there are any steps, please provide us with the instructions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

I occurs opening the game the standard way, double click on the real flight icon and the game begins to open, no other options.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will work on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.
Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Randee
Beginner

Hello I have been following this thread with interest because I have the Real Flight Evo and have the same issues outline here. Is there any progress on a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
edl
Novice

Here is the latest reply I received 

Hello Ed,
I would like to confirm Intel was able to reproduce this issue internally and a bug report has been filed with our driver development team (Bug ID# 22016131038).While I cannot promise any particular outcome since this issue depends on collaboration between Intel and Microsoft, rest assured we will do everything possible from our side to drive this issue.I would like to close case# 05616738 since it has served its purpose (i.e. reporting bug to driver dev team) and will prevent duplication of efforts. You can always contact us back and reference either case 05616738 or bug report 22016131038. Let me know if this approach is ok with you. 
Best regards,
Ronald M.
Intel Customer Support
Intel will use your personal information solely for the purpose it was collected. We will not use your personal information for a different purpose without first asking your permission. In order to fulfill the purpose, we may need to share your personal information within Intel Corporation, Intel subsidiaries worldwide, or with authorized third parties.
Support may be provided by a contingent worker.
Any links to third party sites are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Intel is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. If you decide to access any of the third party sites, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Intel may contact you in order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you received. We give you many choices regarding our use of your personal information for quality assurance and marketing purposes. You may update and request access to your contact details and communication preferences by using one of the following methods: visit the specific product or service website; use the Contact Us form; or send a letter to the postal address below.
Intel Corporation; Mailstop RNB4-145; 2200 Mission College Blvd.; Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
® Intel Corporation – Legal Information – www.intel.com
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Subject: Real Flight
Inquiry: Author: edlSubject: Real FlightDate Posted: October 4, 2022Cannot play Real flight 9.5 apparently missing the DirectX will there bea fix in the future or is there a way around it, thanks for the help Ihave intel i7 12gen with iris x graphics
*********************PLEASE DO NOT DELETE*********************
Thread-ID: ref:_00DU0YT3c._5004U108YKN:ref
You must include this text in any reply to this email. Thank you.
*********************PLEASE DO NOT DELETE*********************
0 Kudos