Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
394 Discussions

Starfield fails to launch Intel Core i7 and Intel iRIS Xe Graphics

ScarlettOpossum
Beginner

I am aware that Bethesda neglected Intel drivers with the release of Starfield (how rude of them.) I know that the iRIS Xe isn't as powerful as the Arc series, however I wanted to report my problems launching so that hopefully they can be addressed. The game doesn't even try to start, which to me sounds like it is drivers. I get a message that my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements. My drivers are up to date, but still with no success. Has there been any work around found for the iRIS Xe, or any news on when or if drivers can be expected?

This is my first post on the forum, so hopefully I have included all pertinent information;

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7

Intel iRIS Xe Graphics

16 GB RAM

NVMe storage

I have never had an issue playing any games (however demanding) with this laptop before, and it is less than a year old.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance in this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ScarlettOpossum  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please be aware that your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Starfield, as the minimum graphics you need are AMD Radeon RX 5700 or NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti, which are Discrete Graphics cards. Not to mention the recommended Discrete Graphics cards. 

minimum requirements..JPG

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ScarlettOpossum    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now.  

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jacobr484
Beginner

I would like to mention that I am having the same issue. Although my i7 is 1335u 13th gen. I also have Iris Xe graphics. How could you guys not come out with a driver that is valid for Starfield. It is the newest game out for all pc users. I bought an $1000 laptop and cannot play it because you have not come out with a driver that meets the minimum requirements?

ScarlettOpossum
Beginner

Hello, sorry about the late reply. I am extremely disappointed that no drivers will be released for the card, and I know I am not alone in this. I understand it is integrated graphics, but we should have at least be able to attempt it rather than receive a coded denial. I play current gen games with no issue that have the same "requirements." I was able to refund the game, but it is a huge disappointment that it won't be addressed from Intel. This card outperforms my last nvidia gpu with the combination of hardware.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BlueFireXD
Beginner

Yea same here. 1600€ Surface and cant even start the game. 
I mean for sure the Intel Xe wont give me 144Fps etc. But maybe in 720p it would somehow run. 
Baldur's Gate 3 is new too and works on it. Low FPS but with some graphic settings it works fine.

Just not letting ppl run the game is a bad decision. Better let them try.