Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
451 Discussions

The Star Citizen Vulkan driver keeps crashing when the game is in full screen with an error

guochan
Beginner

Hello! This issue I'm having is a bit tricky.
Running Star Citizen has been very stuck in DX11D3. However, it was very smooth in Vulkan, but I could only play without filling the entire screen in Vulkan. I was very distressed that the game would crash when it was all over the screen, so I sent some videos of the game's settings causing the crash, as well as screenshots of the game logs after the crash, so that the technician could help me solve the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Guochan,

Thank you for posting in Intel® Communities to bring your concern to our attention.

Please note that we are already aware and currently investigating crashing issues experienced when playing Star Citizen using the Vulkan API. You can check this article, Star Citizen* Crashes on Intel® Arc™ Graphics when Vulkan API is enabled, for updates regarding the investigation. The temporary recommendation on that article is to use Direct X.

That being said, it seems that the behavior that you are experiencing could be another scenario of the problem. I need your cooperation to provide the following:

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

2. As advised above the current workaround is to use Direct X API; however, you mentioned that you are stuck when using it. Do you mean that you are getting more frequent crashes when you are using Direct X API

3. Kindly provide a screenshot of the error.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Guochan, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos