Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Valorant and Intel Iris Xe

Yash1
Novice

So i recently wanted to play Valorant on my Laptop (i5 -1135G7 CPU, iRIS Xe GPU, 8GB RAM) and it was mostly running smoothly, but had insane FPS drops down to 1 FPS. The Specs should be more than enough to play it on a decent Quality. I have seen that this Problem is well known since 2 Years, but the current Fix ist just to downgrade the Graphics Driver to Version 27.20.100.8476. But this Version does only support up to gen 10, while my Laptop is gen 11. Should i just just downgrade my driver despite the version difference?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tomas3800
New Contributor I

I don't understand why Intel makes processors with integrated graphics if the drivers don't work with games. 

Starting with the integrated graphics UHD 770, all processor buyers have problems. Intel tells everyone to update the BIOS instead of fixing their driver.

Yash1
Novice

It worked great before, i was able to play many games like GTA, Fortnite, Valorant and witcher 3 with 50+ fps constant, but after the updates which came after 28.20.100.8322 ruined it, i also have seen many of my friends and even many peoples on the internet with the same problem, and the solution they provide is hilarious, they just tell you to downgrade your graphics card to 27.20.100.8476, which is not supported in windows 11, so what am i supposed to do now, go back to windows 10 just to download this old version of graphics card.   

These problems are coming to them since last two years and since then they have done nothing to solve this problem.

I am never buying integrated Intel graphics card in my entire freaking life.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Yash1

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      When did you first notice the extreme FPS drops in Valorant, and have you identified any specific patterns or triggers associated with these drops?

2.      Can you provide more details about the updates beyond version 28.20.100.8322 that seem to have triggered the FPS issues? Are there any specific changes or features introduced in those updates that might be linked to the problem?

3.      How widespread is the issue among other users you know, both friends and online contacts? Have they found any alternative solutions or workarounds?

4.      In your experience, how has the performance been on other games and applications besides Valorant? Have you noticed any similar FPS drop issues, or is it specific to certain titles or scenarios?

Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Yash1
Novice
1. I noticed it 2 years back, when I upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 and then the updates of graphic drivers which came after the version 28.20.100.8322, till then the problem persists and I have searched for the solution of this problem for 2 years but still didn't got a solution, that could solve this problem.
2. I think the main issue after that update was the memory usage, memory usage increased very much. Before that update my memory usage was only 40-50 percent so, any game would run very smooth in my pc but after that update my memory usage spiked up to 75-90 percent, which cause so much FPS drop and lag in all the games.
3. This problem have came to many people that have UHD graphics card or IRIS Xe graphics card, here I have 4 friends 3 of them have iris xe graphics as that was the best in budget graphics card for a laptop which is not for gaming, so this problem also came to other of my friends 2 years ago, and the some of them who had windows 10, downgraded there graphics card to 27.20.100.8476 which worked fine for them and some of them who have upgraded their laptop to windows 11 are unable to do so and are stuck to problem as i am. When I searched for the solution of this problem online, I found many forums online, some on Intel community and some on reddit having the same graphics card i.e. either UHD graphics card or IRIS Xe graphics card and the solution most people was providing, was to downgrade your graphics card version to 27.20.100.8746 but this version is not working on windows 11.
4. yes, i have encountered the fps drop and lagging in other games also, I used to play games like GTA 5, witcher 3, fortnite, Forza, tomb raider and many other games without lag and you can even search on YouTube for gameplay videos of people playing many games with the same specs as my pc but after upgrading my laptop to windows 11 and updating graphics card , i experienced fps drops in all of those games.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Yash1, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Yash1,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Yash1,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos