Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
443 Discussions

WHy dont intel have 3D control panel and intel iris xe graphics driver are always bad

Jayxen
Beginner

Why dont intel iris xe and other graphics drivers dont have a 3D control panel for gaming to help us optimize our games im talking about Fortnite because this new season is very laggy and why dont them post a good update for intel iris xe graphics to atleast help us  have a a 120 fps stable cuz i always have 40 fps and drop down to 1 fps. Thats why i want a 3D control panel for intel and a good graphic drivers for gaming, not only for me and for those who have low end pc's or laptops

( like me

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Jayxen,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We understand how frustrating it is to have a low FPS or drop in FPS during gaming. We'll see what we can do to optimize your system and to squeeze more performance from it for more fps. However, since the issue occurred after a new season which may have introduced potential improvements in graphics, we may be limited in support depending on the root cause. Please share with us the following so we'd better understand the issue.

1. Are there troubleshooting steps you may have taken in an attempt to resolve the FPS issue?
  2. What is the model of the device you're using?
  3. Can you share us a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings?
  4. What is the CPU & GPU usage while Fortnite is running?
  5. Can you run a log file for us? Please use the Intel System Support Utility Tool for Windows so we can check the components installed as well as their software.

Upon receiving the above information, we'll take our time to review the issue. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jayxen
Beginner

when im playing i have 20-30% CPU usage and 86-98% of GPU usage, in game i have all to the lowest possible, i didnt run any troubleshoot for now 

@FrancisP_Intel  

0 Kudos
abuislam
Beginner

It's frustrating when graphics drivers don't offer the tools we need to optimize our gaming experience, especially on lower-end PCs or laptops. I completely understand your concerns about lag and low FPS, particularly with games like Fortnite. It would be great to see Intel and other graphics driver providers prioritize updates that improve gaming performance for all users, regardless of their hardware. A 3D control panel could definitely help fine-tune settings for smoother gameplay. Let's hope they listen to feedback and work on delivering better gaming experiences for everyone. Hang in there, and hopefully, improvements are on the way!

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Jayxen,

Thank you for the information. A 12th-generation i7 mobile processor should be able to keep up with most games as long as it's not graphics intensive and Fortnite should be able to run with no issues. Configuring the performance via software for graphics may not solve the problem especially if the root cause is something that's not the settings of your GPU. Here's a recent Reddit forum with the same issue but with NVIDIA graphics.

I highly recommend that we do some troubleshooting to figure out the closest hints of where the issue stems from. We will greatly appreciate your cooperation in this matter as this may help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

1. Reinstall your Graphics Driver and check for Windows Update. - To ensure the integrity of the installed Driver. We highly suggest that you do a Clean installation to remove any conflicting drivers.
  2. Monitor Task Manager and Temperature of CPU/GPU - To see if there are other programs hoggling the resources and if it's causing overheating that leads to declining FPS.
  3. Uncheck Frame Rate Limit - Fortnite has been known to have issues with FPS if this setting is enabled.
  4. Do a Repair Installation of the game on Steam.
  5. Try an older driver version - If an older one works, please report it to us so we can work on the issue with a newer driver.

We'll be waiting for the results.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Jayxen,

We're following up on this thread, were you able to do our recommendations? Can you tell us what the results were so we can check on this further in case needed? 

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Jayden,

We have not heard back from you in the past few days. Please be advised that this thread will no longer be monitored. Please submit another inquiry in case you need further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope that we have resolved your issue. 

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos