Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
449 Discussions

When I play the game, the 3d always use 100%

doraemonwu1988
Beginner

When I play the game (mabinogi) , the 3d always use 100%, but the game only need GeForce GTX 660, my coumputer use Intel® UHD Graphics for 12th Gen Intel® Processors. Why?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the following details so we can further investigate the issue and provide the solution:

• When did the issue start, and has the game worked fine before?
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
doraemonwu1988
Beginner

When did the issue start, and has the game worked fine before? After the game worked, the 3d turn to 100%

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988,

Thank you so much for your response and for sharing your SSU with us.

I want to know what you mean when you say that 3D is always 100. Could you perhaps provide us with a screen shot of where you observe that 3D is using 100?

Additionally, please let us know the name of the software you're using to check the 3D percentage, if you are using any.

I'm looking forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
doraemonwu1988
Beginner
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988,

Thank you so much for providing a photo of the issue that we have.

Upon checking the Mabinogi system requirements, it requires a discrete graphics card such as a GeForce 8600GT or better and a dedicated video RAM of 256 MB.

How to check your dedicated video RAM:

1. Type DXdiag in your search bar.
  2. Go to Display section
  3. Find Display Memory (VRAM)

Since Intel® UHD Graphics for 12th Gen Intel® Processors is merely an integrated graphics card on your system and uses system memory that is shared with the CPU, this could be the cause of your system or GPU operating at 100%. To further explain, discrete graphics, like the GeForce GTX 660, have their own dedicated memory that is separate from the CPU. As a result, they operate at a higher level of performance than integrated graphics and have their own memory and power sources.

By the way, I have gathered more information on our issue and found these troubleshooting steps for how to correct high GPU usage on an Intel® processor.

Please check it out and try the troubleshooting steps listed in the link to see if they can help us with our problem.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. I will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988,

We are checking in with you on the game issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988, 

We are checking in with you on the game issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Doraemonwu1988,

We wanted to inform you that you may also contact the game developers so they may also provide you with other recommendations. By the way, since we have not heard back from you, we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos