Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
449 Discussions

i7-14700K Gaming & Idle Temps Concern

OGMatty1
New User
Hi,

I recently had a custom built gaming PC (specs below) and I recently saw via MSI Center, Core Temp, that my I7-14700k is running between 90c-100c while playing games like BG3 (where it stays between 90c-100c) and Helldivers 2 ( temps fluctuate between 70-100c). However, I have not seen any symptoms of throttling and the games run fine on high/ultra settings. Is this normal for an intel i714700k proccesor and should I be worried about this? I also would like to know if this is safe for my PC in the long run.

I am reading online in some places that it is VERY bad when a cpu hits the T-Junction like that. On the other hand, some posts say that the I7s run hot and everything at or below the T-Junction is fine.

Specs

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700K, 3400 Mhz, 20 Core(s), 28 Logical Processor(s)

GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER

RAM 32GB DDR5

Motherboard- MSI PRO Z-790

Cooling:CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel) (All Venom OC Certified)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello OGMatty1, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please check this community thread, since it appears to already address your concern:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/High-CPU-temp/m-p/1510423#:~:text=Yes%2C%20those%20temperatures%20are%20considered,considered%20expected%20for%20this%20unit.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello OGMatty1,

We would like to know if you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello OGMatty1,

We would like to know if you still need our assistance. If yes, feel free to ask us about your concern, and if not, please let us know so we can close the case for you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello OGMatty1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos