Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
410 Discussions

trying to downgrade graphics on iris xe, game will not look how it should.

gdsuperboi
Novice

Hello. I am trying to downgrade my graphics, But it never seems to work.

I am using Intel Iris XE, Trying to downgrade to 27.20.100.8190. Im Just Asking For A Solution. If There Is None, That Is Ok.

7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gdsuperboi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the game with issues?
  • What is the game resolution you are trying to run the game?
  • What is the issue you are experiencing? Is it low performance?
  • What do you want to downgrade the driver version?
  • Did the game use to work before?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
gdsuperboi
Novice

Hello, Jean. Here Are My Answers:

1: The Game Is Minecraft.

2: 1024x768.

3: Flashing Colors, Missing & Black Textures.

4: 27.20.100.8190

5: I Cant Remember.

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gdsuperboi,

Thanks for your response.

I still want to confirm some information to provide you with a solution for your issue.

• Provide me with screenshots of the graphics errors you face.
  • Are you running the basic game (vanilla)? Or are you using any unofficial game expansions (Mods)?
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

If you want to try using the driver 27.20.100.8190, you can try using our website to download the installation file. However, you must know that it is always recommended to use our latest driver since this one provides some features and fixes. If you use an outdated driver, you may face other issues.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/29557/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
gdsuperboi
Novice

Hello, Jean.

Here Are My New Answers:

1: The Game Wont Launch Now, But I Can Provide You With A Video Of What's Happening To Me And Another User : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmWvHNoQXc&ab_channel=aNZaC

2: I Am Playing With Mods.

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gdsuperboi,

Thanks for the information provided.

I noticed that the Video you shared mentioned that the issue is when running 1.7.10, which is an old game version. Could you check if the problem is also present when running the latest version (1.19)?

Also, you mentioned that you are running the game with mods. Does the issue persist when running the basic game (Vanilla)?

Since the game will not launch, my recommendation is to install the latest driver. Keep in mind that it is important to maintain your system up to date, as the latest versions contain the latest fixes and features. To download the latest graphics driver (31.0.101.3222/31.0.101.2111), visit the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

To gather more information about your system environment, please, create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gdsuperboi,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gdsuperboi,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos