Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

11th Gen Mobile Iris Xe driver issue

LondonAnt
Novice

I've recently got a laptop with an Intel i7-1185G7 CPU in it. For the most part it all works great but one of the programs I need to use for work it the Mitel MiCollab soft phone. Dealing with requests by phone is a key part of my job so I need this to work. This is the only application that has had any issues at all. At part of my groups IT team and one of the first people to be issued the new model from our main laptop supplier which comes with an 11th Gen Intel CPU I've installed on a range of programs that are frequently used in the organisation and the softphone was the only thing to have any issues.

What would happen is the I'd click something and the window wouldn't redraw to reflect the change. If I were to the re-size the window it would force a redraw and I'd see the result of my interaction. That wasn't very useable though especailly when working with menus as if you click file and then go to resize the window it closes the menu as a result.

I've installed on the latest version of the driver from the intel site version 27.20.100.9168 and the issue persisted. I then told it to use the Microsoft basic driver rather than the Iris Xe driver and everything worked perfectly. I don't know what they used to develope this software and so if it has been built using some outdated methods or not and certainly there are featues lacking from it that I would have like to have seen so it's not outside the releams of posibiliity that there is an issue with the way they have built it. However as it does work with the Microsoft basic driver I feel it should be able to work with the Intel driver also. As such I feel there is a bug here that should be looked to addressed as if it occurs for one applicaiton it could occur for two or more.

If an intel rep wants to reach out to me directly I'd need to check with my organisation it won't breach our license agreement but I can look into supplying a copy of the install of the program for testing driver compatability. The client won't really do anything without an authentication key but there is a blinking cursor on the line the key is entered and if the window isn't redrawing then the cursor won't blink. I've checked and can't find the software publicly avaliable for download or I'd have linked to that here. If there is an older driver you wish for me to check against my system to see if the issue existsed before a certain feature or fix was added then I'm happy to try that also.

Kind regards

Ant

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JasonB55
Beginner

I'm having the same problem with a new laptop from Acer with an 11th Gen 1135G7 processor and Iris Xe graphics card with my security camera software. I can load cameras but only the first frame of video is shown. If I resize the window or do something that changes the view the video frame updates. I've tried multiple versions of driver for this card but still doesn't work correctly.

Tried 27.20.100.8439, 27.20.100.9168 & 27.20.100.9316 driver versions. None work correctly.

Went into device manager and disable the Intel Iris Xe video adapter and everything works as it should. 

0 Kudos
LondonAnt
Novice

@JasonB55 that sounds exactly like what I'm seeing, I don't consider this a fix but it has got it working for me till one is presented so try this.

Go to Device Manager

Under Display Adapters you will see Intel (R) Iris (R) Xe Graphics.

Right click it and select Update Driver

Click the bottom option Browse my computer for drivers

On the next screen pick the option at the bottom again that reads Let me pick from a list of avaliable drivers on my computer.

A list will be shown scroll to the bottom of it to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter click it and then click Next

The screen will flash as the driver is applied instantly. Check your camera software, I'm willing to bet it will work normally at that point although other things may not seem quite so smooth as you will now be running a very simple driver. I did find this post on another site
https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052821231-Display-problems-on-11th-gen-Intel-processors-with-Iris-Xe
which suggests turning off hardware acceleration solves the issue but I'm not seeing anywhere I can turn that off although I suspect that is happening when I swap to the basic driver as it no longer has any awareness on how to turn the acceleration on.

0 Kudos
JasonB55
Beginner

Just tried the updated version from 4/16/2021 27.20.100.9466 and it still doesn't work. Disabled the adapter and it immediately started working like it should.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LondonAnt,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Have you tried with the laptop manufacturer drivers? Those are customized to work perfectly with your unit and our are just generic drivers.

4. Have you performed the operating system updates?

5. Have you contacted the laptop manufacturer to check for further steps?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
LondonAnt
Novice

I did try with the drivers supplied by the manufacturer, no joy

I did apply all Windows updates, no joy

I've not contacted the laptop manufactuer about this as I'd targeted it to an intel product so contacted Intel.

0 Kudos
BelfastCyclist
Beginner

Yep, I've logged a support call with Intel and I am waiting for a response from them.

I used the Intel Report, listed a couple of post previously, and I've attached it to the ticket along with a couple of screenshots of MiCollab SoftPhone 'freezing'.  I'll wait and see what they come back with.
I really don't want to use the standard Windows 10 driver for 100 laptops!

0 Kudos
Alex_IT
Beginner

Same problem with a LG Gram 17 11gen I7 and Intel Iris Xe graphics

Excel files are blurred or not completely displayed

Contacted LG:  Suggested updating BIOS and Graphics  driver - already tried, so no use.

Contacted Intel:  Suggested, from my submitted report, to update the Bios and update to the latest Graphics driver - as above.

Contacted Microsoft:  Suggested to do a clean re-install of laptop SW (done), system data uploaded to Microsoft support no answer

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LondonAnt,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LondonAnt, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
BelfastCyclist
Beginner

I've also have experienced the same issue with MiCollab Softphone.  We've just taken delivery of 100 new laptops which we need to install MiCollab SoftPhone on, and rolling back to the Windows standard graphics driver is really not ideal.
If anyone else has any suggestions I'd really appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
LondonAnt
Novice

@BelfastCyclist  Specific to the issue you have I got our comms team to contact our support company for MiCollab and they see to be aware of the issue with Xe graphics as normally they take a while to come back but almost instantly they had supplied a new MSI to install which they thought would help and using that version I can run the normal graphics driver. They supplied it to us for testing purposes only as they said they need to do an internal upgrade of some kind before it could be rolled out company wide, I got the impression this wasn't going to be done soon though. As such I'd suggest contacting your MiCollab support rep and see what they say as it may be the faster path to a resolution.

BelfastCyclist
Beginner

Updates to problem.

Contacted Dell:  Suggested updating BIOS and Graphics  driver - already tried, so no use.

Contacted Intel:  Suggested, from my submitted report, to update the Bios and update to the latest Graphics driver - as above.

Phoned Mitel (Bracknell, UK):  about as much use as a chocolate fire blanket!

Emailed Mitel Technical Support, so I'll wait to see what they come back with.

0 Kudos
gbalbach
Beginner

Hi just wondering if you ever got it working? We are just now having the same issue.

0 Kudos
BelfastCyclist
Beginner

Hi,

Mitel came back with a new installer for MiCollab and I'm pleased to say that the software is working well.

0 Kudos