Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

2015 HP Spectre x360, Intel Graphics 520; How to get higher refresh rate.

PThak11
Beginner

Hello,

I just purchased an Acer ED273UR Monitor that supports 144hz. I have gone through the settings and the max refresh rate that is allowed is 60 hz. I updated the drivers for the monitor and am still only getting a max refresh rate of 60hz. Attached I have my DirectX diagnostic. I am also using a high end HDMI cable so this should be capable. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PThak11
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello PThak11,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please provide the following report with the monitor connected.

Intel® Graphics Command Center report. 

• Open Intel® Graphics Command Center. 
  • Click on support. 
  • Click on the tab System Diagnostic. 
  • Generate report. 
  • Save the file. 
  • Upload the file to the thread. 

Based on the information provided, it seems the monitor is connected HDMI to HDMI and you are getting 60Hz. I would like to confirm the resolution being used because based on your processor model and graphics the max resolution through HDMI 1.4 is 4096x2304@24Hz and the max resolution through Display Port is 4096x2304@60Hz here the link where you can find the information. Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor --> Processor Graphics.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PThak11
Beginner

My goal is to get the monitor to emit 144 hz on my monitor. I have provided a link to the monitor as well: https://www.gpucheck.com/monitor/27-acer-ed273ur/

In the attachments is the file you requested. Please let me know if you need any more information on my end.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello PThak11,

Thank you for your response.

The report provided does not show the resolutions being detected by the controller, could you please share another report and post it? How is the monitor connected to the laptop? is there any adapter/dongle? is the cable HDMI to HDMI the same connection type in both ends?

Make sure the display is used as extended (Windows key + P)

The processor graphics support HDMI 1.4 is 4096x2304@24Hz and the max resolution through Display Port is 4096x2304@60Hz, in some cases to get higher refresh rate you might need to use lower resolutions and test if you can get it because the max refresh rate at 4k will be HDMI 24Hz and DP 60Hz this can be limited by the system manufacturer due to customizations on their system ports.

If available try a different port from your laptop.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello PThak11,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello PThak11,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry.

You might check with the system manufacturer of your computer if there is a possibility to set up the configuration you are looking for.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos