Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21184 Discussions

240hz support for the Odyssey G9?

Brandon777
Beginner

I just got the A770 and wanted to know if it support 240hz on the Odyssey G9?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Brandon777

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know this is important to you and I will be happy to help.

I will need to check with our team if there is any compatibility report related to this specific monitor. Just to make sure, Do you already have the monitor and are facing issues with getting it to work at 240Hz or do you just want to know the information to know the compatibility with the GPU?

best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Brandon777

Please share with us the information requested in my previous post so we can further assist with this issue.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Brandon777

We have not heard back from you but we wanted to inform you that as far as we know the Samsung Odyssey G9 provides 4k@240hz signal output over a DP 2.0 input. In this case, our Intel® Arc™ GPUs are compliant with the DisplayPort 2.0 standard so the configurations should be possible.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

The information about DisplayPort 2.0 is incorrect.

The Samsung Odyssey G9 is a 49" Curved QLED Monitor, model number G95T. According to the attached user manual (page 20), this monitor features DisplayPort version 1.4:

MUC_0-1686259469339.png

It offers a maximum of 5120 x 1440 @ 240 Hz Custom Timing over DisplayPort only. Using HDR 10-bit this is 134% of HBR3 signaling. So Display Stream Compression (DSC) is needed.

The question is if Intel Arc A770 can provide this HBR3 DSC signal and if it has ever been tested?

The only Samsung monitor with DisplayPort 2.1 (UHBR signaling) is the Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC) with a claimed possible resolution of 7680 × 2160. This has been announced at CES in January but has not yet reached the market.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Brandon777

I see there are no further questions related to this topic. We hope the information we provided as well as the information shared by @MUC helped. Since we have not heard back from you this thread will be closed. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos