Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

2nd display not working UHD630

JiDi77
Beginner

Hello,

I bought a brandnew gigabyte B460M D3H / UHD630 (before  I had Asrock H61M U3/S3).

I use for my main display the displayport. Working well.

I want to use HDMI for my beamer. It does nt work (no source found) so I try different displays or cable without any success.

I tried as well without displayport (means HDMI only and he doesn t work). I tried then the DVI but same issue.

Only serial port is working. Enclosed you can find the logfile from SSU as you requested it in some other topics.  I tried as well the removal of the drivers for the graphic card but as well same issue.

I went into the UHD 630 driver information and found this (see picture). I dont know if it s linked.

Has anyone any ideas?

I tried as well different version of driver (intel or the one from gigabyte but nothing). I am asking if hardware is not defect even if it s brandnew. Same configuration worked with my previous hardware. 

Thanks for the support 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JiDi77

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool.

We understand that only the DisplayPort* port and the VGA port (serial port, a.k.a "D-Sub* port") are working, but HDMI* and DVI* ports are not. Is this correct?

Could you please confirm the following details?

1- Since this is a new motherboard, before installing the graphics drivers, did you install the drivers for the chipset? (either from a CD included in the motherboard package or from their website). If not, we recommend first checking with GIGABYTE Support* for proper assistance to verify this and install the necessary chipset drivers. This is since it is recommended to install them for proper hardware identification when installing drivers for other components (e.g. Graphics, Wireless, LAN, etc.). Here you may find more drivers for your system: GIGABYTE B460M D3H Downloads*.

2- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable? For instance, HDMI-to-HDMI. If using video adapters or cable converters (a single cable but with different connector types at both ends) we recommend testing with a straight-through connection.

For instance, as per the motherboard specifications*, "the DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter".

3- Have you checked if there are drivers or firmware available for your displays? (.inf files). We recommend checking with the display manufacturers to make sure the software for your displays is properly installed and up to date.

If after verifying the previous suggestions the issue still persists, please try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10.

For these steps, please try first with the latest customized driver for your motherboard. Here is the link from the GIGABYTE* website: Intel VGA Graphic Driver Version: 2‎7.20.100.8280*.

If the problems persist, please repeat the Clean Installation steps and test with the latest Intel® generic graphics driver: Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Version: 27.20.100.9126.

If further assistance is needed, please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure all your displays are connected to the motherboard when running the report.

Also, please run a new Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report following these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
JiDi77
Beginner

Thanks for the answer.

1. already done - no change

2. cable HDMI-HDMI and DVI-DVI

3. one display is working with displayport but not with HDMI. Is it then really link to the .inf?

The last 2 drivers were as well tested but changed nothing.

I attach the detailed report.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JiDi77

Thank you for your response.

We did receive the new Intel® SSU report; however, it seems that we are missing the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers since we are not able to find it attached to the thread.

Please go to this link: Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers and follow the steps described there to generate the report (this is different than the Intel® SSU report). Please make sure all your displays are connected to the motherboard when running the report. Once the report is completed, please attach the file to your reply.

Regarding point # 3. The monitor's driver (.inf file) supplies configuration information and the operating system (OS) uses the file to implement the plug and play (PnP) features of the monitor. This configuration information includes supported refresh rates, screen resolution, color quality settings, etc.; so this allows to properly detect the display features, (as well additional details as maker, model, etc). This is why it is always recommended to install the available drivers (.inf files) for the monitors.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
JiDi77
Beginner

sorry I missed the topic with this report.

Here it is.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JiDi77

Thank you very much for the Graphics report.

After checking this information further and considering all the steps performed so far, this seems to be related to a hardware issue.

In this case, we would like to recommend running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that the processor and its integrated GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine.

Please make sure to download the proper version of the tool (32 or 64 bit)

Feel free to share the outcome of the test. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and you may attach the .txt file to your reply.

If the test is passed, then this would point out that this seems to be a hardware faulty port/component in the motherboard and our recommendation is to check directly with the motherboard manufacturer or place of purchase for further assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
JiDi77
Beginner

ok strange results, I got some failure and the test cannot be performed till the end.... (see picture)

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JiDi77

Thank you for your response.

After checking the screenshot of the results for the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, the diagnostic that it is showing for those specific "Test Modules" is an indication that the CPU is having serious technical difficulties. In this case, our recommendation is to contact the place of purchase for further assistance. For instance, for a hardware physical inspection or checking warranty options if applicable.

Note:

In case this is an Intel® Boxed Processor, and if you are getting difficulties getting assistance from the place of purchase, you can contact us through phone or chat so Intel® Customer Support can assist you to verify warranty status for your processor. Here is the contact us page: Contact Support.

Feel free to reference this post once you reach out to Intel Customer Support. Also, please make sure that you select your appropriate region or country and contact us within your local business Support hours.

Please refer to the following links for more details about Intel® Boxed Processor:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JiDi77

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos