Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

2nd monitor not detected despite driver upgrades

RHeld
Beginner

Hello,

is there somebody that can help me out with an issue of 2nd monitors not being detected. In graphic options, only a single screen is shown and when clicking "detect" it states there is only 1 monitor connected. Tried with various second screens, none are detected, while other laptops do detect those screens. So I concluded the issue is specific to my laptop (Asus S510UA BQ673T) with an INTEL Graphics card HD 620. DxDiag output is attached.

I've upgraded the graphic card drivers, by downloading the latest driver from the intel website. Also tried the version which i could download from the Asus website. And then tried with several older versions from both Intel and Asus support sites. Still no second screen was detected. So I figured it might be a hardware issue with the HDMI port. So i bought a HDMI-> USB C connector. The connector works just fine of the external keyboard, but still no second screen detected, while another laptop does detect both the keyboard and the second screen.

Hence it's either a graphic card hardware issue or a software issue. The only way I see left to rule out a software issue is by restoring the laptop to its default windows environment, which means i would lose all configuration and have to reinstall everything. When returning the laptop back for support, they also clean the laptop first with a restore, so same issue there.

hence seeking help to identify if there is an alternative option i can still check. Thanks for the help!!!

ruud.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should really be working with Asus on this, and you should be using ONLY the ASUS drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
RHeld
Beginner

Their advice was to do a restore of the laptop...

aside full restore, is there another way to fully remove all drivers from the laptop and do a restore of the original asus driver? so i'm sure it doesn't accidently take the incorrect driver?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download their driver.

Unplug from the net.

in the device manager, uninstall (with the check box checked for "Delete driver software")

repeat the above step until there are no display drivers left to remove

install the driver you downloaded

reconnect to the net.

Doc

0 Kudos