Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

4600 HD graphics constant crash

RDe_l6
Novice

Hi everyone,

I recently built a system for working at home with 2 monitors. After everything was installed I started to get constant crashes of the HD graphics driver. Both my monitors went black for a few seconds and then everything would be back to normal and I get the message "Inteld HD graphics has stopped working and has recovered". My system is as follows:

- Motherboard: mATX ASRock H81M-HDS

- CPU: Intel Core i3-4360. (settings to default, there's no overclock or anything)

- RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 HX316C10FBK2/8

- PSU: LOGISYS 480W PS480D2

- SSD: Crucial M500 128GB

The video crashing is mostly when I watch any online or local video, sometimes even when I'm looking at pictures.

Initially, I used all the VGA driver from the motherboard manufacturer, which is a 2013 version of the Intel HD graphics driver. After I went to Intel's driver download page and updated to the latest 15.33.22.64.3621 driver. The problem persisted. I contacted ASRock and they suggested a driver from a different website which turned out to be the same Intel 15.33.22.64.3621 driver. I went ahead and installed it anyway and I'm still getting the problem. ASRock then suggested the "brilliant" and "highly convenient" idea of doing a clean Windows install, which I don't want to do.

Has someone experienced something similar and succeeded to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi rdelavega,

I am sorry you are having problems with this but let me help you.

The situation you mention can be caused by the browser itself that is breaking when playing the videos. I recommend you testing a different browser and uninstalling the driver you have and reinstalling it but doing the manual installation. Here are the steps:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

The step of reinstalling the Operating System can be done in the worst case but if there is a problem with the registry of the Operating System it may be necessary to do this step.

Also, you can try with another processor in the motherboard if possible would be another good step to take.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ rdelavega, could you please install the15.36.0.3652 beta driver to see if it resolves the issue? It can be downloaded here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23985 Download Center