Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

4k resolution issue intel hd 630 graphics

aasho
Novice

I'am using intel i7-7700k processor with intel hd 630 graphics.My motherboard is gigabyte gaming 9 having display port 1.2.I'am using an LG 4k monitor 31MU97-B which supports a resolution of 4096*2160@60p via display port 1.2.When i connect my monitor to display port when booting starts bios logo will come and once the display driver starts loading there is no display output.There is an option in my monitor to disable the display port 1.2 mode.When i disable the display port 1.2 mode i'am getting display output at 3840*2160@30 frames per second(display port 1.1 mode).I'am also having a hdmi 1.4 input in my monitor through which i'am able to get 4096*2160@24 frames per second via motherboard hdmi output.

For testing the monitor i installed an nvidia geforce GTX 670 graphics card and i'am getting 4096*2160@60 frames per second via display port 1.2 output.I'am using the latest intel graphics driver.I also contacted intel support but only got the reply to contact LG.On contacting LG i got a reply that since it is working with graphics card it is not an issue with the monitor.I'am using a minidisplay port to display port cable supplied along with the monitor.

This issue is pending for more than 4 months.Kindly help

0 Kudos
33 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

We do not have any ETA at this moment, and I mentioned before, we cannot promise any particular outcome. What I can confirm that we are actively working on this together with LG*.

As soon as we have any news I'll post it here.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Rruiv
Beginner

Hello, I have the same issue about 4k 60hz , please solve the problem ASAP.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Rruiv
Beginner

They show me 3840x2160 60hz but when I go to change the option 3840x2160 60hz the only show me 30hz , Its noise me . My screen is LG UH770V . I hope the Intel solve this problem.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

I have installed the latest graphics driver release Version: 15.46.05.4771 dated 23-Aug-2017 but issue with 4k display is not solved.Will this issue be fixed in the upcoming driver releases.

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

I brought one HP thunderbolt 3 docking station and connected my monitor via display port of the docking station.Now i'am getting display of 4096*2160@60p in my monitor LG31MU97-B without any issues.I'am using the intel thunderbolt 3 controller of my motherboard Gigabyte gaming 9 so what exactly is the issue.Why i'am unable to drive my monitor with the built in display port of my motherboard.Expecting your immediate response.

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

Even after recent graphics driver update i'am unable to connect my LG31MU97-B monitor to the display port of my motherboard as i'am getting no display.Why this issue is not yet fixed.Many people are effected by this issue.i have updated to the driver to Windows Driver Store Version 22.20.16.4815.Expecting an immediate response.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Amal Ashok,

I would like to confirm to you that Intel and LG* continue investigating this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue along with other critical bugs that impact all hardware configurations out there.

As soon as I have news about this one I'll post them here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

It is six months since i have posted this issue.After my last post intel has released many driver updates but none of the updates fix this issue.Whether intel is working at solving this issue.Can we expect a fix soon.As you are aware many people are effected by this bug.I expect intel to take proactive steps in solving the issue as soon as possible.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience on this one. I have an update on this issue.

Our debugging process has concluded and it was determined that there is an issue with this monitor's panel firmware.

Intel already notified LG about it, and we continue to work closely with them to find a solution. However, at this moment the ball is on LG's court side. If I have further details I'll post them here as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
BSeli
Beginner

Same issue here with multiple laptops with the 630 chip. I've tested the past 5 driver releases to no avail, but I do have a little more information.

Current setup:

Razer Blade 14" (2017) with GTX 1060 and Intel HD630. GTX1060 is directly connected to it's own HDMI port, while the Intel can only display via the USB-C/Thunderbolt/eDP.

With HDMI from the 1060 to my LG 49UJ6300 TV, I get 4k@60hz and 11ms response. When I connect the TV instead, to a USB-C>HDMI adapter, I can only use the 630 Chip, and it will only allow me to run 4k @ 30hz. If I attempt to specify the modeline correctly, it states "The custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity".

I found a few guys who had the same issue a few months back with identical setups who discovered that there was a beta driver (beta at the time, now 8 or 9 releases out of date) that did not give this message, and allowed them to manually enter the correct modeline. The beta is no longer available, but they did mention that when the beta was out of date, and the updated to the most recent stable driver, they were again unable to run 60hz.

My monitor clearly knows how to deal with 4k@60hz and report it's EDID correctly, as the Nvidia GPU has no issue with it

All that said, I specifically went out of my way to buy a new machine with the 630, precisely because it was supposed to be able to handle 4k@60hz (x2 actually). I first bought an Asus UX430 (8th gen, 630) and it couldn't do 60hz, so I did more research and found that Razer specifically stated that their USB-C/TB would support 60hz with exactly my setup (USB-C/TB > HDMI2.0 > display). It also does not.

Thus far, I have not been able to find anyone who has successfully used the USB-C/TB/eDP output from the 620 or 630 with any of the latest drivers, to output even a single HDMI2.0 4k @60, let alone the 2x that Intel claims can be accomplished.

What's up guys?

P.S. I strongly suspect the issue is going to be the conversion from TB>eDP>HDMI2.0, but Intel specifically states a few times in the docs that this should work.

It's disappointing because the 8th gen absolutely sips power (5W with my browser idling), but 4K is my primary display, so at least for me, if I can't find a solution in the next few days, both laptops will have to be returned and I'll have to just get something with Nvidia

@Ronald_intel, I think you'd mentioned earlier in this thread that Intel had actually successfully tested the USB-C to HDMI out to a 4k TV at 60hz. What TV? What USB-C>HDMI adapter?
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello blistovmhz,

While Intel cannot recommend or endorse specific 3rd party adapters/dongles, I was able to successfully get 4K@60hz with this https://www.startech.com/AV/usb-c-video-adapters/usb-c-hdmi-adapter~CDP2HD4K60 USB Type-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter.

As for Thunderbolt 3, I was also able to use this https://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Laptop-docking-stations/thunderbolt-3-laptop-dock~TB3DK2DPW Thunderbolt 3 Dual-4K Docking Station and also get 4K@60hz.

My test system consisted on an Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH (Intel® Core™ i3-7100U Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 620) connecting it to an http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55E6P-oled-4k-tv LG-OLED55E6P via HDMI 2.0

Perhaps I can help you dig further... can you share the make and model of the adapters and dongles you have used so far? However, I do suggest creating a new thread, since this one is very specific to 1 monitor model and different connector (i.e. LG 31MU97-B via DP 1.2), for which our debugging team already concluded there is an issue with the monitor's panel firmware (already reported to LG directly).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
AData
Beginner

I'm "happy" to report that 3 years later the issue is still NOT resolved. Way to go, Intel!

0 Kudos
KennyCarcamo
Beginner
Hi
I’m having the exact same problem with an 4K screen and the UHD 630 graphics, on an HP elite desk 800 G5 (i5-9500)

I trust in Intel products, but after these results and the no answer for solutions, I think it is time to try AMD and test if they have better support

Regards
0 Kudos