Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

620 HD zoom compatibility problem, regarding virtual backgrounds

SBP00
Novice

Hi

Lately I have been starting to use Zoom for video conferencing like many of us. I wanted to use the virtual background feature that Zoom offers while displaying myself in Zoom.

Generally Zoom will allow you to add a virtual background to your own video image without the need for a green screen. For some reason the Zoom website claims that for those that use the intel 620 HD display adapter this option is not available due to compatibility issues.

It seems like a driver issue. I have a relatively strong machine - HP elitebook 1040 g4 with an i7-7500U processor and 16GB of RAM.

Is there a ( or maybe a future) solution available for this?

Zoom becomes more and more widely used these Corona days. Besides the drawback I experience as a 620 HD user, I believe making Zoom's feature set fully available to such a widely used display adapter is of much importance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

Intel and Zoom* worked together to enable the Zoom Virtual Background feature for millions of people using Intel® UHD Graphics users. This update is available now with the release of Zoom version 5.0.3 and Intel Graphics Drivers 26.20.100.7637 or later.
To provide the best user experience, this virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
102 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SBP00,

Thank you for your response.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility to scan your unit and attach the report to this thread.

Also, please provide us with a link to the Zoom site with information about compatibility issues.

Are you able to test this feature on another system?

How can we try to reproduce this behavior?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SBP00
Novice

Hi Wanner.G

First, sorry for the slow response. It's Jewish Holidays combined with a genaral Corona curfew that made me unable to respond more quickly. I am attaching the HW report like you asked.

This is a link to the Zoom website (pay attention to the note right after option 2)

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background

Reproducing the problem:

Open Zoom

Just go to 'Choose virtual background'/'Virtual Bckground', either the from the video control in a Zoom live video screen, or the settings menu on the top right.

Uncheck the 'I have a green screen' option on the bottom left. You will get a massage telling you that 'Computer does not meet hardware requirements'. Looking at the hardware requirements in the Zoom page I linked to, you will be able to see that my machine meets Zoom hardware requirements.

Many thanks for this

MSpal4
Beginner

My system is not allowing for a zoom virtual background. I have updated both Intel drivers as per your instructions and the zoom software. Any other ideas? I have the same driver.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SBP00,

First, we would like to know if this issue happens when using the latest BIOS and drivers available for your computer. 

It seems that there is a new BIOS. Are you able to ask HP support if this update may help you resolve this issue?

Also, computer vendors usually customize their drivers to ensure system functionality. Do you know if this issue occurs while running the latest customized driver for your computer?

Additionally, you may follow these steps to install the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer graphics driver for your system:

1. Disconnect from the Internet.

2. Uninstall the generic DCH drivers via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

3. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel/Intel® Graphics Command Center via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 

4. Restart the computer.

5. Reconnect to the Internet.

6. Go to Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics" or "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

7. Select "Update Driver".

8. Allow Windows Update to Search for the best drivers for your system.

9. Install the driver.

10. Restart the computer.

Please let us know if the issue persists to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SBP00
Novice

Hi Wanner G

I actually manually updated to the latest version of the 620 HD adapter driver which is 26.100.7985 even before even coming to you.

It did not solve the problem. Rolling back the driver version (using the 'roll back driver' option

in the device manager) brought me to an early version number 25.20.100.6472 Rev.W.

Now, trying to install the version you recommended from the HP website, the Hp website recognized my machine and lead me trough a configuration utility by which to do the download and the installation. I started the process.

At a certain point I got the massage that my computer does not meet requirements for this driver (i.e the version recommended by you - 26,100.6888). This is of course incorrect because both my 620 HD display adapter and my machine are in the list of machines and adapters included in the release notes for this driver on the HP website:

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/661/col71789-ob-236117-2-ob-236117-2_sp98887_releasedoc.html

I therefore concluded this is a problem with the HP website installation utility, and not a matter of incompatible hardware.

So I now tried to install the version number recommended by you , using the windows device manager with the 'update driver' option. The driver was again updated to the newer version 26.100.7985.

My machine works fine with this newer driver version so far, but the Zoom problem presists. I'm considering rolling back the driver version again and trying to manually install the version number you recommended. Since an even newer version than the one you recommended still does not do the trick, I think consulting you before doing this may prove beneficial.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SBP00,

Thank you for the update.

Please try to install the graphics driver version 26.20.100.6888 manually and let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SBP00,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
SBP00
Novice

Hi Wanner G

Thanks for re-asking, Iwas going to write you

It seems that it turned out to be more complicated than you might expect. I tried installing the driver version recommended by you (26.20.100.6888) but windows 10 seemed to massage that my machine does not meet minimum requirements for this driver. My machine is under warranty so I turned to HP. After about 90 minutes [hone support, An update of windows and zoom to the latest version, and repeated attempts by the HP support technician, she told me that she found out this driver version is problematic and helped me revert to the originally installed version (25.20.100.6472).

I dont know where to go on from this point, this might be an incompetency by the HP technician or an actual problem with this driver version. Googling

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=intel+620+hd+26.20.100.6888+problem is not definite

This way or the other since there's a mention of compatibility problem with the 620 HD on the zoom website (linked earlier in this thread) I think

this is well worth looking into. Let me know if you need any thing else, and what. I'll be happy to know what is going on with this. Being able to use a virtual background for video conferencing with zoom is crucial to me.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SBP00,

Thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you took with your computer vendor.

Please provide us with the following information to look into this issue:

• The version of Zoom running on your computer.
  • Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
  • A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

• DxDiag report.
  1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

• Since your computer vendor made changes to your system configuration, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) one more time and attach the report?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice

Hello. I came across your question as I am having the the same problem.

I have a Dell Latitude 5480 with Windows 10 Enterprise, Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-7600u CPU, 64 bit Operating System.

I am using Zoom.com Pro for virtual meetings at work.

I cannot use the Zoom virtual backgrounds because, as Zoom has stated on their support website, my computer has the Intel(R) HD Graphics 620. The Zoom website states:

Note: Due to issues with compatibility with Intel CPUs using the HD 620 graphics processor, devices using those processors, must use a physical green screen.

Here is the link to the Zoom page with this information. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background

I have updated my Intel(R) HD Graphic 620 driver. I still have the same problem.

May I suggest you download the Zoom app to a laptop with a intel(R) HD Graphic 620, download the Zoom app, and then try and use the virtual background you will see what happens. You may even have someone at intel that already uses Zoom that has the same problem. The background does not display correctly. I think it has something to do with not having a virtual green screen. This is not my area of expertise. I was hoping Intel could find a way to make it work.

I too need to use the virtual background for our meetings. Is there a way Intel can make this work?

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Nancy😊

SBP00
Novice

Hi wanner G

I can see that as I thought, this is a problem of a more general nature. These are extremely busy days for me, but I will provide you with the the information you asked for in a day or two.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NLucz,

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information about your system configuration:

• The version of Zoom running on your computer. If possible, please provide the build/version number.
  • Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
  • A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

• DxDiag report.
  1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report.
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice
- The version of Zoom running on your computer. If possible, please provide the build/version number. VERSION: 4.6 - Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. Download Zoom App Purchased Pro Acct Signed In Account Profile: I Enabled Virtual Background Go to Settings Click on Virtual Background, select picture, (it doesn't work) Box opens and reads: Computer doesn't meet requirements. Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to use this feature without a green screen background. Learn more (link) Clicked the link and that's where I learned that my Intel(R) HD Graphic 620 is not compatible. - A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link. Here is a screenshot where I tried to apply a virtual background. To get to this box I clicked on the settings wheel under my picture in the right corner of the screen below the little top screen. - [image: Zoom Virtual Background Screenshot.jpg] I hope this is helpful. Let me know how it goes and if there is something I can do to use the Zoom Virtual Background.
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NLucz,

Could you please attach the reports to the thread? These reports allow us to gather useful information about your system configuration and graphics solution.

It seems that the picture was not uploaded successfully. You might need to attach it directly to the thread.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice
I just added the information I sent to the thread. If it is not there, I'm not sure where else to add the information. Here is the two reports you requested just incase they don't appear on the correct thread.
0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice
  • The version of Zoom running on your computer. If possible, please provide the build/version number.

VERSION: 4.6

Download Zoom App

Purchased Pro Acct

Signed In

Account Profile: I Enabled Virtual Background

Go to Settings

Click on Virtual Background, select picture, (it doesn't work)

Box opens and reads: Computer doesn't meet requirements. Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to use this feature without a green screen background. Learn more (link)

Clicked the link and that's where I learned that my Intel(R) HD Graphic 620 is not compatible.

Here is a screenshot where I tried to apply a virtual background. To get to this box I clicked on the settings wheel under my picture in the right corner of the screen below the little top screen.

Zoom Virtual Background Screenshot.jpg

I hope this is helpful. Let me know how it goes and if there is something I can do to use the Zoom Virtual Background.

NLucz
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NLucz,

Thank you for posting an update.

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello all,

We would like to post an update.

Thank you for posting additional information about your system configuration and this compatibility issue. We are going to send it to the proper department for review. It is worth mentioning that we cannot guarantee that your request will be addressed.

Also, what we can recommend is that you contact Zoom to know if they have contacted Intel developers to work on these types of issues, which could be software issues.

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this issue to Intel.

This has been assigned to the driver's development team under bug ID 14011354551 and noted as a known issue.

Once there is an update on our investigation we will post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.