Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

620 HD zoom compatibility problem, regarding virtual backgrounds

SBP00
Novice

Hi

Lately I have been starting to use Zoom for video conferencing like many of us. I wanted to use the virtual background feature that Zoom offers while displaying myself in Zoom.

Generally Zoom will allow you to add a virtual background to your own video image without the need for a green screen. For some reason the Zoom website claims that for those that use the intel 620 HD display adapter this option is not available due to compatibility issues.

It seems like a driver issue. I have a relatively strong machine - HP elitebook 1040 g4 with an i7-7500U processor and 16GB of RAM.

Is there a ( or maybe a future) solution available for this?

Zoom becomes more and more widely used these Corona days. Besides the drawback I experience as a 620 HD user, I believe making Zoom's feature set fully available to such a widely used display adapter is of much importance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

Intel and Zoom* worked together to enable the Zoom Virtual Background feature for millions of people using Intel® UHD Graphics users. This update is available now with the release of Zoom version 5.0.3 and Intel Graphics Drivers 26.20.100.7637 or later.
To provide the best user experience, this virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
102 Replies
zeroDG
Beginner

I think only HD Graphcis 620 is affected, not the UHD Graphics 620? Anyway, have tried to update the driver first? If it's still a problem, search for "UHD..." instead.

0 Kudos
MKruz
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

" I searched the registery for "HD Graphics 620" and changed it to "HD Graphics 621"

Remember that the next time you try to update the driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice

Thank you for the heads up. I'll give Intel more time to come up with a fix.

Best, Nancy

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you can wait, that would be the best thing to do. Registry hacks have a way of messing up things. A temporary solution that is often forgotten, and creates problems later. With the surge in Zoom users, I know this issue is being addressed.

Doc

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to validate All's latest reply.

This is an issue that Intel is actively investigating in cooperation with the Zoom team. Our internal bug ID is 14011354551.

We'll update this thread as soon as a significant update is available.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

CZoli1
Beginner

Hello,

This issue has been there since zoom introduced the virtual background, it is about time we have an answer if this is an intel driver issue or not.

Thanks

0 Kudos
GSund3
Beginner

how can I get an update on this internal ticket or is there a way to follow the ticket so I know when the issue has been resolved?

This is an issue that Intel is actively investigating in cooperation with the Zoom team. Our internal bug ID is 14011354551.

PClar8
Beginner

I am having the same problem with the Intel HD Graphics 615. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

If you have Intel HD Graphics 620 and encountering the issue described by the author of this thread, please perform the following steps:

1. Download the latest Intel graphics driver (any version higher than 26.20.100.7637).
  2. Update Zoom application to version 5.0.3 (released 5/19/2020) or greater.

If you still see the issue after performing the previous steps, please reply with the Zoom version you tested with and also attach a copy of the latest DxDiag.txt from your system.

Your feedback would be very important to us.

Edit: I am temporarily marking this as 'Best reply' so it is bumped to the top of the page. 

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

User1589557524515589

Completed the steps mentioned above. Issue still exists.

RonaldM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I hate bothering you with more... but can you be more specific and provide more details of what is that you see or experience? Any video or screenshots would be even better. The main reason is because your system has Intel(R) HD Graphics 615, which is a low-power GPU variant of Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 and this could have a different root cause.

In the meantime, I'll wait for others with Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 to comment as well.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
User1589557524515589

Here are some pics. When trying to use Zoom's virtual background, the video is pixelated. It auto checks the lower box saying "I have a green screen". Cannot uncheck green screen because it puts you out to a Zoom help screen which lists the Intel HD620 as a known compatibility issue.

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice
Thank you for your email regarding the issue with having an *Intel HD Graphics 620 *and not being able to use the Zoom virtual backgrounds. I tried to install a newer and higher version HD graphics driver for my Dell Latitude 5480 but there isn't one better. I checked out the Dell and Intel websites and the highest graphics driver version available for my Dell Latitude laptop is *Version 26.20.100.7263, A15 *which I now have . It was released March 2, 2020 and updated on April 29, 2020. My Zoom account has been updated as well and I still cannot use the Zoom virtual background. Thank you for your continued support in resolving this issue. Best, Nancy
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @NLucz​ 

The latest driver you have available from your OEM is not a good fit to address this issue. You have 100.7263 and we need at least 100.7637.

One alternative you can try is testing our latest generic driver 100.8190

Your computer may be configured to prevent the installation of generic drivers. If that is the case, you may see an error message when trying to install the driver. Try the steps listed here

Alternately, you could contact our support staff and they can help you with the driver installation (If you call or chat our staff could help via remote access to your computer).

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
User1589557524515589

Hi Ronald. Anymore information or things for me to try?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @User15895575245155897569​ 

I have forwarded your system details to our dev team.

The bug we filed previously was for Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 - which by the looks of early feedback - seems to be fixed now, so we may need to file a new one for Intel(R) HD Graphics 615 (Let's wait for our dev team's feedback)

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
User1589557524515589

Thank you Ronald. Please keep me posted if the Dev team starts a new thread so I know where to track this issue. Thx​

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice
I write with great news! I am now able to use the Zoom Virtual Background! Thank you so much for your help with this issue. You have a lot of patience and are very professional. I really appreciate what you did and are continuing to do to help others with the same problem. Thanks again!!! Have a great day! Nancy
0 Kudos
User1589557524515589
0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

@User15895575245155897569​ Could you provide the report:

Intel Graphics Command Center > Support > System Diagnostic > Generate Report?

Might need more info, but let's start here and see if Dev wants more.

0 Kudos