Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

7167U iris plus graphics 650 black screen freeze and artifacts bugs on multiple drivers

fish72
Novice

Hello,

I've bought several Eglobal Pc's about 2 years ago based on the i3-7167U processor. Some of them are ddr3 and some ddr4.

There's a problem with EVERY DRIVER i've tried for the past 2 years. Most drivers have some artifact bugs (checkers pattern for half a second on some new opened windows - I can even see it on windows 10 login), and ALL drivers EXCEPT Version 30.0.101.1121 (Dated 11/11/2021) after some time freezes into a black screen requires a hard reset/shut down.

The latest driver from 5th of september 2022 has lower artifact bugs, But after trying it for 2 days, It froze with black screen.

I would suspect it has something to do with the hardware if it wasn't for the one driver that DOES WORK. The driver I've mentioned worked for me for several months without freezing (But did display some weird artifacts).

At least i'm happy to see that intel keeps updating it's drivers and they support for wide area of gpu's generations, But I wished I could find a newer driver that will not freeze on me and will have better compatibility (no weird artifacts).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for the information provided. In this case as a test, please try to perform a clean installation of the latest stable driver version (30.0.101.3430 and 31.0.101.2111).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 650.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. Provide the model of your laptop or motherboard (i is a desktop computer).

3. Is this issue present only with Intel drivers or also with the drivers from the manufacturer of your computer?

4. What is the driver version that you mentioned that worked for you? Provide a link if possible.

5. Can you take a video or pictures where we can see the issue?

6. Have you reported this issue to the manufacturer of the computer?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

fish72
Novice

Hello Deivid,

Thank you for your questions regarding the problem.

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? It's a mini-pc (Desktop like)

2. Provide the model of your laptop or motherboard (i is a desktop computer). Eglobal M3-7167U

3. Is this issue present only with Intel drivers or also with the drivers from the manufacturer of your computer? I've only tried several intel drivers. I didn't see manufacturer driver on eglobal site.

4. What is the driver version that you mentioned that worked for you? Provide a link if possible.  The driver version is 30.0.101.1121 Beta, But for some reason I can't find this specific one on intel's site. I'm attaching the reademe.txt file

5. Can you take a video or pictures where we can see the issue? It's hard for me to catch the checkered windows because it's moving very fast, And regarding black screen that freezes and doesn't respond - It's simple as it sounds.

6. Have you reported this issue to the manufacturer of the computer? As I recall I've contacted the manufacturer in the past and he did not provide a solution. I will try again and will update here (It will take few days/weeks to test it in any case).

Thank You

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

Hello Deivid,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? It's an Eglogal mini pc format

2. Provide the model of your laptop or motherboard (i is a desktop computer). M3-7167U

3. Is this issue present only with Intel drivers or also with the drivers from the manufacturer of your computer? There are no manufacturer drivers for that model as far as I know

4. What is the driver version that you mentioned that worked for you? Provide a link if possible. The driver version is 30.0.101.1121 Beta. I couldn't find it on intel site. Yesteday I try to experiment with Dell Intel-UHD-HD-Iris-Plus-Graphics-Driver_GF9JX_WIN64_30.0.101.3111_A12.EXE

5. Can you take a video or pictures where we can see the issue ? I've attached a picture of the checkered window bug. But there are also bugs like in the first few seconds of youtube playback and sometimes unclear texts in apps.

6. Have you reported this issue to the manufacturer of the computer? As far as I recall I haven't got a reply from them. I tried to contact them again yesterday.

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

Hello Deivid,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? It's an Eglogal mini pc format

2. Provide the model of your laptop or motherboard (i is a desktop computer). M3-7167U

3. Is this issue present only with Intel drivers or also with the drivers from the manufacturer of your computer? There are no manufacturer drivers for that model as far as I know

4. What is the driver version that you mentioned that worked for you? Provide a link if possible. The driver version is 30.0.101.1121 Beta. I couldn't find it on intel site. Yesteday I try to experiment with Dell Intel-UHD-HD-Iris-Plus-Graphics-Driver_GF9JX_WIN64_30.0.101.3111_A12.EXE

5. Can you take a video or pictures where we can see the issue ? I've attached a picture of the checkered window bug. But there are also bugs like in the first few seconds of youtube playback and sometimes unclear texts in apps.

6. Have you reported this issue to the manufacturer of the computer? As far as I recall I haven't got a reply from them. I tried to contact them again yesterday.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for the information provided. In this case as a test, please try to perform a clean installation of the latest stable driver version (30.0.101.3430 and 31.0.101.2111).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

Thank you for your reply Deivid.

I will test the new driver you've suggested after I'll finish experimenting with the Dell driver I've mentioned, Because the previous intel driver from few weeks ago did not work well and crashed via black screen like most intel drivers in the past.

Since it's very important issue for me and for my clients, It will take few weeks until I'll be sure it is stable or not, And I will update after testing.

Thank you for your help and time.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for your response. I understand your situation and the fact that you need more time to test the drivers. I will be waiting for your response in a couple of weeks.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

Thank you for your patience.

I must ask you this before I continue with testing the driver you've prvoided : Did intel recognised and fix a specific issue with the black screen freezing in this driver ?

I read both release notes of those drivers and saw no reference to this issue, Only to game compatibility issues.

Thank you

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, we have not received any reports for this specific issue. I recommended you try the latest Intel driver as a test to confirm if this could help you with your problem.

Please, just let me know as soon as you are able to test this driver.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

Ok. Since I'm testing the driver on 2 different computers at the same time, I'll install the driver you've linked on one of them and will update you in few days what's up.

Thank you

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for the update. I will be waiting for the results from your testing, just let me know if you have any questions or if the Intel driver did not help.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
fish72
Novice

The intel driver is working well for almost 6 days and I've installed it yesterday on one of my client's machines, So I've accepted it as a solution for the posted problem. Thank you Deivid for your help and patience. I will update in the near future if something goes wrong.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello fish72, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that the driver update helped you. I will proceed to close this thread, as you requested. However, you can open a new one in case you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos