Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

A dedicated memory question assigned to a graphic card.

seonghun8829
Beginner

안녕하세요 현재 제가 쓰고있는 그래픽카드의 전용 메모리에 대해 궁금한게 있어 이글을 씁니다. 전 현재 SAMSUNG Notebook Plus2 NT550XDZ-AD5AR에
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics 이란 제품을 쓰고 있습니다.
게임을 좀 원할하게 플레이하기 위해 레지스트리로 그래픽 전용 메모리 용량을 계속 늘리려고 했으나 그때마다 항상 용량은 128MB 그대로 였습니다. 그래서 BIOS로 하려했으나 BIOS에 그래픽 관련 설정이 없어 변경을 못했습니다. 인터넷을 찾아보니 다른 intel제품들은 되는거 같던데 뭐가 문제고 해결 방법은 없을까요?

Hello, I am writing an article because I have a question about the dedicated memory of the graphic card I am currently using. I'm currently watching "SAMSUNG Notebook Plus2 NT550XDZ-AD5AR"
I'm using a product called Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.
In order to play the game more smoothly, I tried to increase the graphics-only memory capacity with the registry, but each time, the capacity was always 128MB. So I tried to use the BIOS, but I couldn't change it because there was no graphic setting in the BIOS. I looked up the Internet and found that other intel products work, so is there any problem or solution?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

You can't change the amount of Graphics Memory assigned to your application. The 128MB value is a dummy value, used for compatibility reason with old application. The amount of Graphics Memory is controlled by the Graphics Driver and Windows and is limited up to about half of the System Memory . More information you will find in the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

Do not change the Graphics Memory values in BIOS (those values are used by BIOS only), since your boot may be affected.

Leon

0 Kudos