cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anshuman
Beginner

How to increase Dedicated VRAM in intel HD 520

Jump to solution

So i have bought my laptop and it has intel hd 520 in it. I have tried all the methods but still cant increase the dedicated vram. I have seen other people do it but somehow in my case nothing works. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, think of it this way: Your current VRAM dedication can be anywhere up to 50% of available DRAM. When needs increase, the dedication will be increased. When needs decrease, the dedication will be decreased. If you watch the dedication while playing a game, you should see it increasing and decreasing.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
This happens automatically, you don't need to do anything. Based upon current requirements, up to 50% of your DRAM could be allocated as VRAM.
If you have a game that won't play because it sees low VRAM number, this is a bug in the game; contact the game developers for a fix.
...S
Anshuman
Beginner

So,  my dedicated video ram would be 50% of my vram or my vram would be 50% of my ram?

Also, i tried every method to increase the dedicated  vram. Nothing worked. Any reason as to why this is happening?

Driver- Intel HD Graphics 520

n_scott_pearson

No, think of it this way: Your current VRAM dedication can be anywhere up to 50% of available DRAM. When needs increase, the dedication will be increased. When needs decrease, the dedication will be decreased. If you watch the dedication while playing a game, you should see it increasing and decreasing.

...S

View solution in original post

Anshuman
Beginner